Offline First Open Source POS for ERPNext

Right now trying a site with multiple companies and no feedback on the sync or logs…

We will make a quick start and how to documentation for this. We well update this thread.

1 Like

what’s wrong with the website http://tailpos.com/

Hello, it is not one of our website.

Where can I find more information about Tailpos then?

You can check the github page GitHub - bailabs/tailpos: TailPOS an Offline First Open Source POS for ERPNext for more info

Hi,
Thanks for the demo and guide… What was missing from my setup was the install-app tailpos_sync basically by installing to the server and making that change on the file was all I did.
Will give a look and try on my locally.

As I said after adding server, user and pwd user click on sync and no info if action was successful…
I have logged to the demo and clicked one or two items to sync as no access to POS profile to check the settings…

Where from those screens you see the logs? Or this is from the Web page?

Have you tried to “Force Sync”?

If you still have problems, we could help you by interacting with us more often by giving us your email so that we can communicate with you directly.

I noticed that your UI doesn’t look like this

without
*the label text “ERPNext Server”
*the checkbox “Is HTTPs”
*the label text “username”

perhaps you’re running an older version of TailPOS?

That’s the version I got from Google store…

Have you changed your ERPNEXT Server from
(https://demo.tailerp.com) to (demo.tailerp.com)only?
also the checkbox “Is HTTPS” is checked.

1 Like

I have managed to link to my site… Few things…
As you can see on the screenshot
First item captured once with barcode
When I try to scan the second time did not work.
The same item added by clicking on the product and the name not shown.
The tax error as I did zero on the settings…

Also if I’m syncing my company (default) why not get the settings from erpnext (company, address, currency).

Where to submit errors?

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/desk/form/save.py”, line 22, in savedocs
doc.save()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 259, in save
return self._save(*args, **kwargs)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 310, in _save
self.run_post_save_methods()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 889, in run_post_save_methods
self.run_method(“on_update”)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 757, in run_method
out = Document.hook(fn)(self, *args, **kwargs)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 1026, in composer
return composed(self, method, *args, **kwargs)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 1009, in runner
add_to_return_value(self, fn(self, *args, **kwargs))
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 751, in
fn = lambda self, *args, **kwargs: getattr(self, method)(*args, **kwargs)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/tailpos_sync/tailpos_sync/tailpos_sync/doctype/categories/categories.py”, line 89, in on_update
colorAndShape = json.loads(self.colorandshape)[0]
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/json/init.py”, line 339, in loads
return _default_decoder.decode(s)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py”, line 364, in decode
obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
TypeError: expected string or buffer

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/app.py”, line 62, in application
response = frappe.handler.handle()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py”, line 22, in handle
data = execute_cmd(cmd)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py”, line 53, in execute_cmd
return frappe.call(method, **frappe.form_dict)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 939, in call
return fn(*args, **newargs)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/desk/form/save.py”, line 22, in savedocs
doc.save()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 259, in save
return self._save(*args, **kwargs)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 310, in _save
self.run_post_save_methods()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 889, in run_post_save_methods
self.run_method(“on_update”)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 757, in run_method
out = Document.hook(fn)(self, *args, **kwargs)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 1026, in composer
return composed(self, method, *args, **kwargs)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 1009, in runner
add_to_return_value(self, fn(self, *args, **kwargs))
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 751, in
fn = lambda self, *args, **kwargs: getattr(self, method)(*args, **kwargs)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/tailpos_sync/tailpos_sync/tailpos_sync/doctype/categories/categories.py”, line 89, in on_update
colorAndShape = json.loads(self.colorandshape)[0]
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/json/init.py”, line 339, in loads
return _default_decoder.decode(s)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py”, line 364, in decode
obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
TypeError: expected string or buffer

As you can see what i have reported…

Payments Mode should also be synced as i cannot for every user define the mode of payment.
Also i have noticed that everytime i sync the Company settings are changed to default (Currency PHP) … Also on the company the is HTTPS gets disabled.

Why not on the Category already get the Item Group instead from ERPNext instead of creating new ones ?

please post your issues in the github Issues · bailabs/tailpos · GitHub thanks!

1 Like

Hi

i just installed the android app, it crashes everytime I try to open it.

I am testing on my Samsung Note 8

What should I do?

Is anyone actually using this app in a production environment ?

Any feedbacks?

I cannot seem to be able to get it to work