ERPNext Foundation ERPNext Cloud User Manual Blog Discuss Frappé* Donate

[version-11] ERPNext Chat

erpnext
frappe
chat

what is the latest stable version now running?

Only from v11
And v11 is not production yet.

V10 LTS is the stable version now.
V11 beta is released for testing, you can test it in developer mode.

following the successful release of Chat in v11, I noticed that there is currently no way to delete an existing chat. So I want to find out if this can be included so users can be able to delete their chat history as is possible on other chat platforms.

I suggest you create a Github issue…

Cheers!

Github issue created.

https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/issues/16606

We put the chat enabled on our settings (fresh new installation of version 11 today). We can see it on the admin side but can we get it also on website / public part of the system?

Is there an option to show notification counter in chat icon in the bar for unread message

it will be really usable

Hello, I am in version 11.1 erpnext with the new chat icon upper bar … the issue is that when you type a chat in it only appears if you exit and come back in … it is not showing in realtime, but only shows upon reentry … I am also experiencing inability to upload files larger than about 10kb, and understand socketio handles this as well… anyone have any ideas? I am getting the ‘File upload disconnected’ error for these uploads and wonder if they are related. Thanks for looking!

So it turns out this is related to sockitio, and how it needs to resolve to a hostname now, and not just an ip address or localhost:8000. I followed mattlongfield suggestion here and it also resolved this issue so that chats are now immediately appearing and not just when you exit and come back in: