ERPNext Conference 2019* ERPNext.com Blog

How to integrate biometric device in ERP Next attendance

How to configure and setup the fingerprint device IP Address in ERP Next.

You have 2 options to do this .

1. Make one whitelist function in erpnext that accept data from your bio-metric device. When punch in-out one API call trigger from device that call this whitelist function and in whitelist function you can write your logic.
  2. Make one API function your bio-metric side where you pass date and get all attendance information of that date or you can set one scheduler that call everyday and put attandance information in erp.

I am new in ERPNext. I don’t know how to create whitelist function and where to store. Is there any link available?

It shows error while running the script,

Thanks for your comment. I will check.

Can anyone share a working whitelist script sample? Would really appreciate it. I have a Hikvision Access Control system and i would love to integrate it to the biometric attendance module but i am kinda lost as to how to create the whitelist. I checked the article above but it didn’t help a noob like me.

@flexy2ky as far as bio-metric integration goes, you might not have to create a new whitelisted function. This already exists in the “Employee Checkin” DocType.
The function is called add_log_based_on_employee_field.

This function can be accessed via the URL: /api/method/erpnext.hr.doctype.employee_checkin.employee_checkin.add_log_based_on_employee_field

In case you need an example of how to use this whitelisted function you can refer to it here: https://github.com/frappe/push-biometric-erpnext/blob/6fd922ceb9a41289c04281273d35d5ad7b79f044/push_to_erpnext.py#L150

@Maheshwari_Bhavesh, please note that the whitelisted function that you are recommending to write already exists. Also, ERPNext now handles the part of converting the IN/OUT time logs to attendance. Please refer to the Auto Attendance feature for the same.