How to integrate biometric device in ERP Next attendance

You can create duplicate files and run them separately. I think you need to do that for multiple machines too because i found the machine port is hard coded.

Hi,

We just created ikit2.erpnext.com by signing up from ERPNext .com. So the version is 12+. We tried accessing the Employee Checkin feature, but we get “Not Permitted error”.

The URL accessed: Frappe Cloud

Parameters:
While tried with Key-Value Pair : employee_field_value=1001&timestamp=2020-02-06 10:10&device_id=ST-KY19000XX1&log_type=IN
While tried with JSON format:
data: {
‘employee_field_value’ : “1001”,
‘timestamp’ : “2020-01-23 12:34”,
‘device_id’ : “SXX1”,
‘log_type’ : “IN”
}
The headers are:
Authorization: token yyyy:zzzz
Accept: application/json

The actual error message is
{“exc”:“["Traceback (most recent call last):\n File \"/home/frappe/benches/bench-version-12-2020-02-05/apps/frappe/frappe/app.py\", line 60, in application\n response = frappe.api.handle()\n File \"/home/frappe/benches/bench-version-12-2020-02-05/apps/frappe/frappe/api.py\", line 55, in handle\n return frappe.handler.handle()\n File \"/home/frappe/benches/bench-version-12-2020-02-05/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py\", line 22, in handle\n data = execute_cmd(cmd)\n File \"/home/frappe/benches/bench-version-12-2020-02-05/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py\", line 59, in execute_cmd\n is_whitelisted(method)\n File \"/home/frappe/benches/bench-version-12-2020-02-05/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py\", line 69, in is_whitelisted\n raise frappe.PermissionError(‘Not Allowed, {0}’.format(method))\nfrappe.exceptions.PermissionError: Not Allowed, \n"]”,“_server_messages”:“["{\"message\": \"Not permitted\"}"]”}

If there is any issue in passing parameter, the error message would have been different.

But here, not sure what to do with this message to fix the issue. Kindly assist.

We tried from postman for testing this feature.

@ikit Please send a mail to support@erpnext.com. You should be able to get developer support from frappe as a paid subscriber

@ikit, which user’s API key are you using? Make sure that this user has permission to create employee checkin doctype. One good way to verify this would be to login as the same user and try to create employee checkin from the UI.

Hi, I’m new aswell, I have many question, All devices can be configured with APIs that call those whitelist functions?
Is there any biometric device with a whitelist function that I can check out?

https://docs.erpnext.com/docs/user/manual/en/setting-up/articles/integrating-erpnext-with-biometric-attendance-devices#2-populating-the-biometric-punch-logs-into-erpnexts-employee-checkin

As per this link all steps done from server side.What needs to be done from device side.
No error occurred in server when doing the above link.

Python 3.6 is my version
User secret keys provided and Device ID in Employee doc type done

Above link setup is done as per the mentioned details.

Kindly please give me guide lines to complete it.

Try with CAMS biometric devices, they can communicate directly with your ERPNext hosted server. Its API and integration service details are available at ErpNext Integration - ErpNext Integration with Live Biometric Attendance System (from Ver.11.0.3) | Cams Biometrics

i can’t see push_to_erpnext.py any where in the repo. where is it located