[WORKING] Attendance with Biometric Integration through API

Dear Community,

I got a requirement from the customer to integrate biometric machine with ERPNext Attendance. I found a machine called CAMS Units they designed a machine with API Support,they are sending attendance parameters as POST Request.
I tried to integrate with ERPNext with the help from @revant_one, currently It works like a charm,those who are trying to integrate Biometric can give a try.

Thanks @revant_one @noetico @ganas @hpema108 @kolate_sambhaji @Pau_Rosello_Van_Scho

4 Likes

can u suggest exact product, Can you integrate on our server
https://erp.colorpapers.in

Can you give more details about this please.

Did you integrate the hardware (clock) or did you integrate ERPNext with CAMS cloud based solution?

Thanks

@olamide_shodunke No I am not linked with their cloud based solution whenever the user touches the device it calls the API URL and post parameters like userid,attendance type and attendance time, I have a custom whitelisted method to do process the attendance based on the params received

Thanks @hereabdulla

This is a project I am quite interested in which is why am sending you so many messages (both DMs and public).

I am still not sure how you did the connection. Could you give more details on how this was done to help any one else interested in this?

Like a step by step guide?

@revant_one would you mind chiming in too?

Regards

Interesting! I just visited their website. So this device eliminates the need for a computer to send attendance dat‎a to erpnext. This is really a good one; this was the challenge that made us build a pc based software to connect and send data.

How much is the device and API?

Hello @noetico
What have you achieved in this regard? You said you built a pc app to send data to ERPNEXT …how does this work and what part of ERPNext does it update ??

Regards

Are you at liberty to share your integration steps.

kindly visit camsunit.com to see the supported list

yes we can avoid seperate interface to mark attendance as you suggested before
device and API Inclusive of tax costs almost 12000 INR

@hereabdulla First I need attendance machine with REST api support.
Can you suggest any model?

Can you make code available with software and machine details?

The post has details about the brand, company’s url (not broken, try from different connections)
some code snippets.

2 Likes

Device details available in camsunit.com all their devices support api integration.

kindly refer the above post for code

1 Like

Hello @olamide_shodunke

The app I built is a c# desktop application so it requires a pc (those are the downsides), at least a mini pc, even a used unit(under $50) will do; and a USB fingerprint reader; the basic one used for things like Sim registration (used units are under $50)‎. Summarily:

1. Collect fingerprint data offline or online
  2. Bulk enroll data
  3. Take attendance
  4. Initiate salary calculation based on absence (uses absence without leave in erpnext)

So essentially, it does the attendance and salary.

1 Like

Thanks,

The breakthrough by hereabdulla is interesting. If only there is a way he can give us a full description of what he did. I am sure when he is less busy he will update us.

Regards

Wow; that’s practical, that’s under $200! Correct! Then it’s a good solution!!

Yes; it seems straightforward; I believe you use the API to access the device and configure parameters such as the url to post data to, what to post, etc. ‎Since it’s a paid API; we can’t test it.

@noetico we use ubuntu and mac os, so its not practical solution for us to install windows.
Is there anyway to build your app for Ubuntu?

@hereabdulla Thanks for sharing your breakthrough in this area with the community.Surely many will need this.