Workflow Assistance

Hi Guys (@adityaduggal @rmehta @cpurbaugh ,

I had a couple of queries, but I think I will summarize them here so that I could get help with this.

Essentially this is how the workflow is currently executed in our organization. We receive a RFQ from a customer, who we then send across to our suppliers. Now let us say that the RFQ is a total of 7 items with multiple quantities. Supplier A gives us a quotation of numbers 1-4 lines, Supplier B might give us numbers 4-7 lines, which will be two supplier quotations. So question 1. How do I go about doing a price comparison, just in case multiple suppliers quote line item 4 (for example). And how do I combine multiple supplier quotations for the next phase.

Phase 2: We send the customized quotation to the customer, there could be some line items missing (for example supplier, doesn’t have stock, or its substituted for another part number). For the substitution part, we will put a customized additional field for the substituted part number. But anyways this is currently sent to the customer (How do we do this part in ERP Next?)

Phase 3: The time lapse between Phase 1 and Phase 2 varies between 3 weeks and 2 months, so the supplier could have less inventory, or the supplier might change their mind. Either case a Proforma Invoice is raised from the supplier confirming what they have available and what they can sell. The Customer than confirms and sends us a Sales Note from his end. Now here the items and quantity are locked in completely.

Phase 4: The supplier provides us with a ready list of available material for shipment. We then raise an Invoice based on the ready list and then place a purchase order. Here we need to see what material is yet pending, and multiple ready lists → Invoices will be raised to the customer. With each initial invoice, the customer pays a pre-payment, so we need to customize the price as a percentage of the total amount (say an average of 10%)

Phase 5: The supplier delivers the items to our warehouse, and we ship it across to the customer. This is final and needs the balance payment to be paid (but only for the partial backorder). The final invoice will be raised once all the items as per the Sales Note is delivered to our warehouse, then to the customer. Thus closing the open Sales Note, this could be multiple backorders, or just one or two backorders.

Now the questions. In part of it, with ERP Next I realised that the pricings need to be added as a separate pricing list (one for buying - with pricing rule for discounts, and one for selling - with a pricing rule + margin). My question is, what if we are quoting the same item on the master list to different customers at different prices? How do we go about achieving that? Is there anyway to create a temp pricing list based on the supplier quotation?

Next question Selling and Buying, I noticed are in different silos. But in the Customer quotation, I need to pull the items from the Sales Order (Vendor) (or from the Selling Section) along with the pricings with the Pricing Rule added in to the Customer Quotation. How do I go about doing that?

Finally, I want to have the track record as the user is going along the process to showcase where they are per order or opportunity. So in a nutshell:

RFQ → Supplier Quotation → Combine or Select a single Supplier Quotation → Customer Quotation → Customer Sales Note → Supplier Ready List → Customer Proforma Invoice → Customer Prepayment (10%) → Supplier Purchase Order → Supplier Pre-Payment (10%) → Supplier Delivery Note → Final Payment (as per Proforma Invoice) → Confirm all units received from Supplier as per Sales Note (and Delivered to Customer → Closed.

Now the ones in between the * * might be repeated multiple times, until all the items in the Sales Note are delivered from multiple sequences of the process between * *.

Appreciate your help guys, and sorry if I was too detailed, just want to be as detailed as possible so I can get the best help.

Amazing job with v7, the UI and UX are one of the most fluid and highly useable interfaces I have ever seen in an ERP. You make accounting fun (more or less :wink:) Keep up the amazing work.

Oh and one more thing. I am looking to output all communication (Purchase Orders, Invoices, Quotations, Delivery Notes, etc) in Excel files. Reason being is some of our RFQs and quotations extend well over 10,000 line items, and I really can’t expect our customers and suppliers to input each one by one.

Is there any code, you can point me to, to help me achieve this?

Cheers,

Gladwyn

Hello,

Inline replies below.

Phase 1:

You can make custom report based on Supplier Quotation. You can filter Supplier Quotation based on some unique parameter, like Material Request ID or Sales Order ID.

https://frappe.github.io/erpnext/user/videos/learn/report-builder.html

Phase 2:

You can add additional item in Sales Order (Proforma Invoice) which was not there in Quotation.

Phase 3: Once Purchase Order is submitted, Ordered Qty will be updated. Also reserved qty will be updated on Sales Order is submitted. You can track this from Stock Projected Qty report.

https://frappe.github.io/erpnext/user/manual/en/stock/projected-quantity

In part of it, with ERP Next I realised that the pricings need to be added as a separate pricing list (one for buying - with pricing rule for discounts, and one for selling - with a pricing rule + margin). My question is, what if we are quoting the same item on the master list to different customers at different prices? How do we go about achieving that? Is there anyway to create a temp pricing list based on the supplier quotation?

Yes. Create another Price List for each Supplier, or have a common Price List for which Pricing Rule will not be applied.

Next question Selling and Buying, I noticed are in different silos. But in the Customer quotation, I need to pull the items from the Sales Order (Vendor) (or from the Selling Section) along with the pricings with the Pricing Rule added in to the Customer Quotation. How do I go about doing that?

As per the designed details are fetched from Quotation to Sales Order. Perhaps you can consider duplicated earlier Quotation for faster data entry in the Quotation form.

Output in Excel:

This is not available out of the box. As a work-around, you can save print format in HTML format. You should be able to open that HTML file in word or excel application.