Woocommerce full 2 way integration

@lasalesi

the thing is, i can’t find the woocommerce log doctype on my setup…

1 Like

@olamide_shodunke did you have to rename the woocommerce settings doctype to get the settings page open? also, i am facing an issue where only 4 out of the 5 doctypes can be found in my instance.

Me too.

Me three

is there a way to initiate the sync manually, or do we get to set the background job ?

Yes, there is a start sync button on the WooCommerce Settings:

Ok…I don’t have this page. this is what i have

This is because the script file does not run on the renamed doctype instace. Please check the .js file in the app and copy the contents to the new doctype (remember to change to first line which contains the doctype name)…

@lasalesi did you say your initial install was on v10? could it be that for new installs on v12 some of the properties were lost due to change in architecture a la desktop 2.0? I will test this theory on a v11 instance as that’s the farthest we can go now. Because i know that some customisation i could do in v10-v11 are no longer possible in v12 but instances upgraded from earlier versions to v12 still have those customisations.

Thanks @lasalesi for the info, same here, debian 9 but straight to v12. I got until the part where I duplicate the woocommerce Setting to woocommerce Config, I can go to the settings but just through the doctype and then clicking the Woocommerce Settings Button, but I just got the basic info, I filled up with the connection info and wait, but nothing, also, my woocommerce sync log is empty.

I can’t seem to locate the Duplicate called WooCommerce Config anywere.
It will work if I uninstall the built in woocommerce integration?
I thougth it had to do with the case sensitive names, but when I corrected it, nothing happened.

@flexy2ky uhhh, let us know if that make it work!

@lasalesi

i am making progress on the app… At the moment this is a new bridge i have to cross

I have done neccessary settings as instructed but API wont just validate

Any tips please

Has anyone written down what is the specification of woo-commerce sync with ERPNext should do? (What does 2 way sync mean anyway, what needs to be synced, when, why, what…?)

The reason I ask is because I want my developer trainee) to take a crack at it. Or atleast understand what is required. Would be great to know.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @flexy2ky,

yes, all working instances were upgraded from v10. I also suspect an issue with v12, but so far cannot pinpoint where from…

Hi @EnSeal,

nice going :wink: This error “Error Validating API” means that the connection to the shop API has failed. Reasons can include wrong endpoint, invalid secret, shop not accessible, SSL verification fails (you can disable the SSL verification). Do you have a full trace?

Hi @lasalesi

Let me play devils advocate once again…why is this app not part of core? Imho this is a much more important integration than most of the integration in the core.

What will it take ?

Hi @olamide_shodunke,

sure why not. What are you expecting? As long as the merged/integrated version does not interfere with the app, I see nothing speaking against it. While a functioning app (this seems ironic here, I know :wink: ) would also do just fine…

Irony not lost on me …lol

The thing is …if it’s part of core you can stop worrying about something breaking from one version release to another. That is the advantage of core over app. The last one week trying to make this work as been stressful …and it’s still not working yet!

Can we get some help from the ERPNext Team here maybe? How can we help? Is there any other developper that could help figure this out? That would be amazing!
Thanks!

To take a crack at your question, the answer is simple: to make ERPNext database the source of truth for woocommerce hence woocommerce queries ERPNext for stock balance and new items and updates the e-commerce store accordingly.

Currently, you have to enter create items directly in woocommerce and enter stock balance in woocommerce. these items are created in ERPNext when a Sales Order is submitted via the e-commerce site managed by woocommerce if they don’t already exist. That’s one way sync.

But when you restock via purchase order in ERPNext, the stock balance doesn’t sync to woocommerce, you have to manually update stock balances in woocommerce as well (process duplication). And if you decide to not implement product display based on stock availability condition on your website to avoid this, you run the risk of items being ordered when not in stock. So you want a process where ERPNext which manages stock and purchases serve as source of truth for stock balance and new items which is synced to to woocommerce while woocommerce handles sales orders and deducts stock after sales is completed via sales order (two way sync).

1 Like

i don’t have a full trace, validated the secret keys but still same issue…