Webshop and other Updates

Dear all,

Since we released the new UI and other updates, things have stabilized a bit.

I want to apologize for the issues caused due to field re-arrangement - the reason was that we tried to release two major features in one go, though we tested the UI updates a lot, we did not get time to think through the issues that the field arrangement caused. Something we will avoid in the future.

In the coming week, we plan to release a major update to the "lists" (the pages that allow you to browse masters or transactions). Now that the top-leve UI has been cleaned up, the lists are next in row. Some of the drawbacks of the current lists are:

1. they are not very readable
2. too much space is wasted
3. number of filters is fixed

I will upload some screenshots in a day or so to keep you updated on the progress.

Before we move on to the webshop, we want to do a bunch of cleanups on the backend. Table names are all very old and messed up (Sales Invoice is called Receivable Voucher and so on - Some of you must have lost a few hairs trying to figure this out). So we will try and rectify all table names and also add as much inline help in forms as possible. This update will be released in a week or two.

After that we will be moving on in the web-shop. Major to-dos in the webshop are:

1. Product + Item integration
2. Shopping Cart
3. Payment gateway integration
4. Order History
5. Account registration and settings

We will send out a detailed plan on this as we progress.

One of the other itches we plan to work on sooner is a Newsletter module, where you can send out communication to your contacts.

Thanks again for all the feedback you keep sending.

best,
Rushabh

-----------------------------------------------------
ERPNext - Business Operating System

W: https://erpnext.com
T: @rushabh_mehta

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext Technical Forum” group.

To post to this group, send email to wn...@googlegroups.com.

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to wnframework+un...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/wnframework?hl=en.

Well my journey with ERPNEXT started in August-2010 and almost 18 months later, I see can very easily say that I made the right choice. For a time span of 18 months I have seen tremendous changes in the system and I guess this next update of a webshop would truely make this product a world beater.

The only thing is that I would like to suggest the team is that the next step should be attract new customers, I guess the team had taken easy on adding new customers by removing the free trials since the backend needed a lot of cleanup and I think that part is almost over.

I would also suggest that there should be a way for people like us to contribute to the community by atleast adding things to the documentation. @Rushabh: I would request you to kindly make a public domain of documentation like a WIKI or atleast let me know how to do it so we could make the documentation much stronger by contributing to it.

On Wednesday, March 7, 2012 5:14:36 PM UTC+5:30, Rushabh Mehta wrote:
Dear all,

I want to apologize for the issues caused due to field re-arrangement - the reason was that we tried to release two major features in one go, though we tested the UI updates a lot, we did not get time to think through the issues that the field arrangement caused. Something we will avoid in the future.

In the coming week, we plan to release a major update to the “lists” (the pages that allow you to browse masters or transactions). Now that the top-leve UI has been cleaned up, the lists are next in row. Some of the drawbacks of the current lists are:

I will upload some screenshots in a day or so to keep you updated on the progress.

Before we move on to the webshop, we want to do a bunch of cleanups on the backend. Table names are all very old and messed up (Sales Invoice is called Receivable Voucher and so on - Some of you must have lost a few hairs trying to figure this out). So we will try and rectify all table names and also add as much inline help in forms as possible. This update will be released in a week or two.

After that we will be moving on in the web-shop. Major to-dos in the webshop are:

2. Shopping Cart
4. Order History

One of the other itches we plan to work on sooner is a Newsletter module, where you can send out communication to your contacts.

best,
Rushabh

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext Technical Forum” group.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/wnframework/-/dZLfDwXVGhgJ.

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to wnframework+un...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/wnframework?hl=en.

I would like to add one more thing that I have heard a lot of about products like the Zen Cart and I suppose they are open source as well, therefore just curious that whether the new webshop would have the capabilities like that of a Zen Cart or not.

On Wednesday, March 7, 2012 5:14:36 PM UTC+5:30, Rushabh Mehta wrote:

Dear all,

In the coming week, we plan to release a major update to the “lists” (the pages that allow you to browse masters or transactions). Now that the top-leve UI has been cleaned up, the lists are next in row. Some of the drawbacks of the current lists are:

2. Shopping Cart
4. Order History

best,
Rushabh

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/wnframework/-/4BFD_kPWqKoJ.