Translate directly to file

There are many Google translation that is not correct and I did my translation in the translation portal but it was not consistent and taking time. So I also made direct translation into the csv files for my own use. I did it for versions before version 12 and it worked fine.

Now in version 12 I did the same, but got error when deploying (e.g can’t start setup wizard). I notice that it is caused by the multi-lines sentences.
If I open the csv in VSCode, VScode display each line as its own line and CSVlint shows it has error.

113 apps/erpnext/erpnext/hr/doctype/employee_benefit_claim/employee_benefit_claim.py,"Maximum benefit of employee {0} exceeds {1} by the sum {2} of benefit application pro-rata component\
114			amount and previous claimed amount",Manfaat maksimum karyawan {0} melebihi {1} dengan jumlah {2} dari aplikasi manfaat pro-rata komponen \ jumlah dan jumlah yang diklaim sebelumnya

And when I change it into one line the error gone:

113 apps/erpnext/erpnext/hr/doctype/employee_benefit_claim/employee_benefit_claim.py,"Maximum benefit of employee {0} exceeds {1} by the sum {2} of benefit application pro-rata component\			amount and previous claimed amount",Manfaat maksimum karyawan {0} melebihi {1} dengan jumlah {2} dari aplikasi manfaat pro-rata komponen \ jumlah dan jumlah yang diklaim sebelumnya

So please suggest the correct way to do translation directly into the file especially regarding this multi-line sentences? (I know it will disturb the update process but it is fine for now.)

Thank you.

Your problem is you’re doing it manually and not taking into account what frappe does when there’s multiline strings in translations. It replaces new lines with ||| here’s the code.

I recommend you generate the string with bench, so you can get the correct format.