Stock cannot be updated against Delivery Note

Hi All,
When I try and generate a Sales Invoice by getting the information from the corresponding Delivery Note, if I tick “Update Stock” it will pull in the items with their serial numbers as well, which is what I want.
However, when I try to save the Sales invoice I get the error message “Stock cannot be updated against Delivery Note”
Any ideas why this would be?
All help gratefully received.

Kind regards
Mike Logan
Melbourne
Australia

The purpose of update stock is depleted by the quantity you specify in the sales invoice. Since you have already cut a delivery note, the stock has already got depleted and ERPNext is working the way it is supposed to, in not letting you carry out that transaction.

If all you want to do is pull Serial Numbers into the invoice, uncheck the Update Stock check box and see if the serial numbers are automatically pulled into it.

If it does not somebody here can guide you write a small piece of custom scripting (don’t get intimidated, most of us here began as cut and paste masters initially) should help you accomplish it.

Trust this helps.

Thanks

Jay

Thanks for the reply Jay.
If you uncheck the Update Stock check box in the invoice it only pulls in the items from the Delivery Note, but u fortunately not the serial numbers.
So it sounds like a small piece of custom scripting is required.
Any offers of help will be happily accepted.
Regards
Mike Logan
Melbourne
Australia

@UmaG: Can you please help Mike?

This is only if somebody from the community does not pick up this before.

Thanks

Jay