Session start failed (ascii)

Hi All!

I am very new to erpnext. Just now managed to install the production environment on cloud vps. Having a very hard time logging in using the public ip. below is the attached error:

I apologize if the provided info is too vague as I am just starting this project. Please let me know if any further details needed. Thanks in advance for help

Welcome to ERPNext!

Likely this is a language specific error - what language did you specify in the Setup Wizard?

You will find the traceback for this in a log in the /home/frappe/frappe-bench/logs directory.

A forum search on ‘ascii codec can’t decode’ will give you ideas how to proceed.

hope this helps

Thanks clarkej! I messed up while setting up production environment and decided to do a clean re-install. The new issue seems to be related to an incomplete frappe installation. This appears after I go to my public IP (on a vps). Any ideas regarding the below screenshot? appreciate your help, thanks a lot.

Possibly a caching or initialization problem?

Things to try -

Clear your web browser cache.

From the server console -

bench clear-cache
bench clear-website-cache

Restart ERPNext, nginx.

Have fun!

clarkej, followed your instructions. Still getting the same output on the page :pensive:

So then what works -

Can you login, have you checked the logs for clues etc?

To get back my earlier question maybe language specific and this is default!?

Yes you will need to rummage around the logs for clues here

1 Like

All fine now, clerkej! I installed the environment from scratch on ubuntu 16.04, not 14 as before. Took a bit longer to download all the dependencies but in the end managed to log in successfully. Life seems beautiful now lol. Thanks

1 Like