Quick question on printed font size

I’ve been getting feedback from our users that the printed font on the body text for most/all forms is pretty tiny… I’d guesstimate 6 point. 

I realize that they can individually adjust printer settings to scale the text up a notch or two, but asking them to do that will likely not be met with a positive response…
Is there a global default I can change to knock it up to 8 point, or am I oversimplifying a setting that needs to be done for each document type?

Thanks!

Hi Tim, the font is 12px. Can you mail us a PDF at support @ erpnext.com so we can identify the issue. Do you have a very wide letterhead image? That could also make the fonts appear smaller.

Sent from mobile

On 17-Nov-2012, at 3:58 AM, Tim ba...@gmail.com wrote:

I’ve been getting feedback from our users that the printed font on the body text for most/all forms is pretty tiny… I’d guesstimate 6 point.
I realize that they can individually adjust printer settings to scale the text up a notch or two, but asking them to do that will likely not be met with a positive response…
Is there a global default I can change to knock it up to 8 point, or am I oversimplifying a setting that needs to be done for each document type?

Thanks!

Thank you for the response, Rushabh.

Your point about the header is a good one, I hadn't thought of that. We do have a graphical header that's 960 pixels wide, so I'll substitute one that's 100 pixels or so smaller and see if it helps.
I'll send a PDF Monday AM from the office if the issue persists, or simply reply back if the header size suggestion takes care of it.

Thanks again-

Tim


On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 7:21 PM, Rushabh Mehta <rm...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Tim, the font is 12px. Can you mail us a PDF at support @ erpnext.com so we can identify the issue. Do you have a very wide letterhead image? That could also make the fonts appear smaller.


Sent from mobile

On 17-Nov-2012, at 3:58 AM, Tim <ba...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been getting feedback from our users that the printed font on the body text for most/all forms is pretty tiny.. I'd guesstimate 6 point.
> I realize that they can individually adjust printer settings to scale the text up a notch or two, but asking them to do that will likely not be met with a positive response...
> Is there a global default I can change to knock it up to 8 point, or am I oversimplifying a setting that needs to be done for each document type?
>
> Thanks!

Rushabh,

I finally got some feedback from the users - the header size was the problem.

Thank you!
Tim


On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 9:29 PM, Timothy Baker <ba…@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank you for the response, Rushabh.
Your point about the header is a good one, I hadn't thought of that. We do have a graphical header that's 960 pixels wide, so I'll substitute one that's 100 pixels or so smaller and see if it helps.
I'll send a PDF Monday AM from the office if the issue persists, or simply reply back if the header size suggestion takes care of it.

Thanks again-

Tim


On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 7:21 PM, Rushabh Mehta <rm...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Tim, the font is 12px. Can you mail us a PDF at support @ erpnext.com so we can identify the issue. Do you have a very wide letterhead image? That could also make the fonts appear smaller.


Sent from mobile

On 17-Nov-2012, at 3:58 AM, Tim <ba...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been getting feedback from our users that the printed font on the body text for most/all forms is pretty tiny.. I'd guesstimate 6 point.
> I realize that they can individually adjust printer settings to scale the text up a notch or two, but asking them to do that will likely not be met with a positive response...
> Is there a global default I can change to knock it up to 8 point, or am I oversimplifying a setting that needs to be done for each document type?
>
> Thanks!