Production order project relation

Hi,

Am facing a specific issue in trying to associate Production order with a project and tracking activities done for producing the good.

My requirement is that I want to track the various sub-tasks in the production process.

e.g.:
1. Put raw material in Workstation 1 and let it run for 3 hrs
2. Take out material decant and put in Workstation B for 20 hrs for incubation.
3. Take out material and centrifuge it
4. Mix with other material
5. Pack it

Now to capture these steps, I would define it as tasks under a project and associate that project with the production order. Here are my issues

1. This whole process mentioned above is a std process of production for out product X. So ideally I would like to associate multiple production orders to the same project not one project to one production order.

2. Am forced to follow this 1:1 mapping as tasks with details on time spent is captured only under tasks and tasks are associated with projects.

So in effect every time I raise a production order am forced to raise a new project and this is not automated.

So either this step should get automated or you could relook at your parent -child relation for production order V/s project.

Ideal scenario would be

1. Define a project and associated tasks with the project. Define it as a template.

2. While generating the production order get the project (which would list the tasks) and link it to this order.

3. Once done, against each order I would have tasks and the actual time spent on them.

4. I could also have a milestone dates which are associated with orders so that I can track on the calendar which specific process are we delayed in.

Hope my prob and idea are clear. Looking forward to your inputs.

As a temp solution am creating manually new projects for each order by using copy function but thats not a scalable solution.

Thanks,
Vikram

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Hello Vikram,

To capture the actual time consumed at each workstation, you need not create Project and Task for each Production Order. It can be tracked effectively via Time Log.

Following are the steps in which master should be configured.
  1. Insert custom link field of Production Order in Time Log form. Each user making Time Log will select Production Order as well.

2. Add Workstations as Activity type in Project module.

Input Raw Material
    Incubation
    Centrifuge
    Mix
    Pack

With these masters in place, you can track actual time consumed on workstation via Time Log. Without Project and without task. Also, Production Order no. will be tracked in your Time Log form, if custom field is added.

Hope this helps.

On Sat, Jul 6, 2013 at 2:05 PM, <vi...@agrilife.in> wrote:
Hi,

Am facing a specific issue in trying to associate Production order with a project and tracking activities done for producing the good.

My requirement is that I want to track the various sub-tasks in the production process.

e.g.:
1. Put raw material in Workstation 1 and let it run for 3 hrs
2. Take out material decant and put in Workstation B for 20 hrs for incubation.
3. Take out material and centrifuge it
4. Mix with other material
5. Pack it

Now to capture these steps, I would define it as tasks under a project and associate that project with the production order. Here are my issues

1. This whole process mentioned above is a std process of production for out product X. So ideally I would like to associate multiple production orders to the same project not one project to one production order.

2. Am forced to follow this 1:1 mapping as tasks with details on time spent is captured only under tasks and tasks are associated with projects.

So in effect every time I raise a production order am forced to raise a new project and this is not automated.

So either this step should get automated or you could relook at your parent -child relation for production order V/s project.

Ideal scenario would be

1. Define a project and associated tasks with the project. Define it as a template.

2. While generating the production order get the project (which would list the tasks) and link it to this order.

3. Once done, against each order I would have tasks and the actual time spent on them.

4. I could also have a milestone dates which are associated with orders so that I can track on the calendar which specific process are we delayed in.

Hope my prob and idea are clear. Looking forward to your inputs.

As a temp solution am creating manually new projects for each order by using copy function but thats not a scalable solution.

Thanks,
Vikram

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com