Permission management :: How to

Hi,
I have a few users who are roled as project user.

But I want them to only see the project, but they all are able to delete it too, its a dangerous situation.

I want only owner/creator to be able to edit or delete the project and rest to be only see and follow the given tasks.

I tried to add a few permissions in permission manager but couldn’t. more any permission added is not removable (editing is not there :frowning: )

Thanks

Hi,

Uncheck cancel permission for Project in Permission Manager.

Thanks,
Anand.

On Dec 23, 2012 7:14 PM, "Gowrav" <go...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

But I want them to only see the project, but they all are able to delete it too, its a dangerous situation.

I want only owner/creator to be able to edit or delete the project and rest to be only see and follow the given tasks.

I tried to add a few permissions in permission manager but couldn't. more any permission added is not removable (editing is not there :( )

Thanks

Currently permission is as per attachment,
still project created by administrator was deleted by user with role project_user

On Sunday, 23 December 2012 19:15:56 UTC+5:30, Anand Doshi wrote:

Hi,

Thanks,
Anand.

Hi,

I tried to add a few permissions in permission manager but couldn't. more any permission added is not removable (editing is not there :( )

Thanks

Hi

Your attachment is too low res. Please send a better image.

-anand.

On Dec 23, 2012 7:22 PM, "Gowrav" <go...@gmail.com> wrote:
still project created by administrator was deleted by user with role project_user

Hi,

Thanks,
Anand.

Hi,

I tried to add a few permissions in permission manager but couldn't. more any permission added is not removable (editing is not there :frowning: )

Thanks

Have you tried clicking on it… its a full screen shot … :wink:

On Sunday, 23 December 2012 19:25:10 UTC+5:30, Anand Doshi wrote:

Hi

-anand.

Hi,

Thanks,
Anand.

Hi,

I tried to add a few permissions in permission manager but couldn’t. more any permission added is not removable (editing is not there :frowning: )

Thanks

Anand, its reasonable resolution

Gowrav, just checked and you are right - the delete permissions are not checked on the server side (bad design call). Will fix this in an upcoming update 

Thanks for reporting!

best,
Rushabh

W: https://erpnext.com
T: @rushabh_mehta

On 23-Dec-2012, at 7:25 PM, Anand Doshi <an...@iwebnotes.com> wrote:

Hi

-anand.

Hi,

Thanks,
Anand.

Hi,

Thanks

Hi,

Sorry, I checked on my mobile and it wasn't legible. Might be some bug within android :frowning:

-Anand.

On Sun, Dec 23, 2012 at 7:29 PM, Rushabh Mehta <rm…@gmail.com> wrote:

Anand, its reasonable resolution

Gowrav, just checked and you are right - the delete permissions are not checked on the server side (bad design call). Will fix this in an upcoming update

Thanks for reporting!

best,

Rushabh

On 23-Dec-2012, at 7:25 PM, Anand Doshi <an...@iwebnotes.com> wrote:

Hi

-anand.

Hi,

Thanks,
Anand.

Hi,

I tried to add a few permissions in permission manager but couldn't. more any permission added is not removable (editing is not there :frowning: )

Thanks