Permission Issue after upgrade ERPNext 12 → 13

Hi,
the upgrade from ERPNext 12 to 13 went smoothly. Everything works except the permissions for sales invoices: only the administrator user has access to these, all other users (including newly created ones after the upgrade) cannot access them. I have checked user permissions and also resetted them to the defaults (where incidentally all user should have read access).
Help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Best wishes
Christoph

Hi Christoph,

Did you check Role Permissions. Check for Sales Invoice DocType and see if anything is gone awry here. If it has, it is easy to give the appropriate roles the appropriate access.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Jay

Hi Jay,
thanks for your quick reply! To me the Role Permissions look fine:

The user has all the relevant roles. Still, the problem persists.
Any other ideas / directions I might look at?
Thanks
Christoph

Hi Christoph,

To me it looks like only the Role Accounts Manager has the ability to work with invoices. That’s because of the Role Permission level 1 setting.

If you knock that off, Role Accounts User should be able to work with invoices.

If that doesn’t work check the global defaults or system settings and check if Restrictive Permissions has been enabled. If yes, change that setting and try again.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Jay

Hi Jay,
thanks for those pointers. I have made that change without any success. Also, the user I am working with actually has the Role “Accounts Manager”, still the Sales Invoices are not accessible to him/her.
Also I checked: “Restrictive Permissions” are not enabled:

It really is very strange.
I have checked all roles for the User:

Do you have any other ideas what may be wrong?
Thank you very much for your help!
Best wishes
Christoph

Long shot: Please check if there is a Filter that’s preventing the user from seeing the Sales Invoices. :slight_smile:

The Ver 13 Filters are configured different from Ver 12.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Jay

In the “selling” module, if the user press “Sales Invoices”, there is just the sound of a gong and if the user copy link, the page displayed is empty:

Actually, this is the same for all users. Only one user (administrator) is able to see the list without any issues. Really bizarre.
Thanks for your help
Christoph

I have just found out that the frappe.log contains a lot entries of this type:

Form Dict: {'doctype': 'Sales Invoice', 'with_parent': '1', 'cached_timestamp': '', 'cmd': 'frappe.desk.form.load.getdoctype'}
2022-05-09 07:00:49,676 ERROR frappe New Exception collected with id: 2022-05-09 07:00:49.673978-192.168.99.10-5dc

Could this be related? Where can I find the exception with the named id?

@christoph Did you ever figure this out? Facing this issue as well.