Old instance to new instance

Well, I zip frappe folder of my production instance, and I need to copy that to my dev instance.
It’s done! But, when I try run some bench command:

ubuntu@ip-172-31-27-235:~/frappe-bench$ bench restart
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/bench", line 6, in <module>
    from pkg_resources import load_entry_point
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3144, in <module>
    @_call_aside
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3128, in _call_aside
    f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3157, in _initialize_master_working_set
    working_set = WorkingSet._build_master()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 666, in _build_master
    ws.require(__requires__)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 984, in require
    needed = self.resolve(parse_requirements(requirements))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 870, in resolve
    raise DistributionNotFound(req, requirers)
pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: The 'bench' distribution was not found and is required by the application

Run sudo pip install -e bench-repo
now: unix:///var/run/supervisor.sock no such file
I’ll do some research and feedback here

Why you’re not trying Site Backup and import to the new instance?

Cause that’s my dev machine, I need use the same frappe-bench, cause have a lot of sites and apps there…

1 Like

Let us also know the solutions, and problem faced during this initiative. We’ll definitely learn here.