Newsletter "Test" button sets schedule and then sets status to "sent"

When I press the “test” button in a newsletter, it automatically sets the “schedule” data and time and then sets the status to “sent” with the dashboard section of the newsletter going purple and saying “100% queued”. Then the button “send” disappears and I cannot send the newsletter to the real recipients in the "Email Group?

What is the point of the “test” button if it functions like this?

The actual test email gets sent to the email address in the “Test Email Address” straight away and works fine even though a message box pops up when I press the “test” button and says something about the email being scheduled an hour in advance of the time when I pressed the “test” button. What is the point of that also?

Expected Operation:

1. Make a new newsletter
  2. Populate data
  3. Enter Test Email address
  4. Press test
  5. Check email is working and make changes accordingly
  6. Got to 2 if changes needed
  7. Options: Press “Send” button if you want to send now or
  8. Enter schedule time to send and save.

Schedule time should be editable if you want to change something at the last minute.

Screenshot_2020-05-28_07-30-31

Just wondering if anyone has had this happen also?

I just tried another test and it is the same. ???

I tested this in my test account and the actual flow is as follows:

1. Make a new newsletter
  2. Populate data
  4. Press test
  5. The test email gets sent. Check email is working and make changes accordingly
  6. Got to 2 if changes needed
  7. Press “Send” button when you want to send the newsletter.

The send button does not disappear on testing the test email. Could you please refresh the page check once again?

Hi Michelle, Thanks for getting back to me.

I’ve just tried again and the same result. This screenshot is after I press “test” and reload the page. Dashboard says it has been sent and checkbox “Email Sent” is ticked and no “Send Now” button in the top right corner.

Hello,

I a unable to replicate this. Could you check the email queue after you click “Test”? Do not reload the page. Check if a single email is sent or multiple emails are sent in the email queue once you click “Test”.

When I click “test” only the email to the test recipient is sent. It is received correctly in the recipients inbox.

Going through the flow again I noticed this (from your flow example):

1. Make a new newsletter
  2. Populate data
  4. Press test

At this point this shows up:

4a. Press save.

Then this shows:

(notice “Email Sent” check box?)

1. The test email gets sent only to test recipient. Check email is working and make changes accordingly

2. Got to 2 if changes needed
    6a. Get interrupted due to life happening and press save because you want to come back to it later.
    Then this is what it looks like.

3. Finished for this newsletter and have to create another one.

I’ve just tried again after a fresh bench update on develop branch. Still working I described above.

This time I tried to just send the newsletter straight after testing and I get this error:

Newsletterhasalreadybeensent

It seems to me that the test email button back-end/function/logic is broken somewhere. There are no errors in my logs or in the site error-snapshots.

Has anyone actually used the “test” button function in the newsletter in develop branch? If so, how?