Need help in Excise billing for Apparel Industry where Abbetment is Required

When I add an Item I will need to Add MRP with Abatement

for Example I add an Item of Rs.100 (My billing price is Rs.25 and MRP is Rs.100) I make Excise Payment for Rs.30 as Rs.70 is Abatement…

I need help in adding the same for each item…

All Items don’t come under excise…

Those Items that are Excisable will have abatement…

Hi,

From what I understand is that you sell an item for Rs 25 and you pay tax on Rs 30 (?). There could be many ways to map this scenario:

1. Keep the item price as Rs 30 and in the Taxes table, add a discount of -5
    - your tax will be calculated correctly and invoice amount will be correct (30 + tax - 5)
    - your income will be Rs 30 and expense (discount) will be 5 so your revenue will also come correct 30 - 5 (but your unadjusted sales figure will be higher if you do not deduct discount)

2. Keep the item price as 30 and increase the tax rate to cover the additional amount. Say your tax is 10% and you discount by 12% then keep your tax as 11.2% to cover for the additional amount taxable. You can still keep your tax as Excise 10

3. Calculate your tax manually per invoice and use the "Actual" setting for the tax table.

I would go with Plan 1. but please check with your accountant.

Hope I understood this correctly.

best,
Rushabh

-----------------------------------------------------
ERPNext - Business Operating System

W: https://erpnext.com
T: @rushabh_mehta

On 19-Apr-2012, at 6:16 PM, J Prasanna Kumar wrote:

for Example I add an Item of Rs.100 (My billing price is Rs.25 and MRP is Rs.100) I make Excise Payment for Rs.30 as Rs.70 is Abatement...

I need help in adding the same for each item...

All Items don't come under excise...

Those Items that are Excisable will have abatement...

Hi Rushabh,

Thanks for the reply. But this answer does not solve the question.

When I make an Invoice it will contain Duties and Taxes…

1. When I add an Item I will require to add VAT for that Item as well as Basic duty, Edu Cess, Sed. Edu Cess…
   When I add MRP of the Item as Rs.100 in item master and Calculate Abbetment as 70% it should automatically calculate BD, EC and SEC in Invoice
   Below is example as to how it is done for 1,000 Pks of Socks with 55% Abatement:

Description of goods Assessable Value Rate of BED BED Amount Rate of Ed Cess Ed Cess Amount Rate of Sec Ed Cess Sec Ed Cess Amount
83P347-001-PL-FS (MRP:325.00/PKS Abatement:55%) 1,46,250.00 10% 14625 2% 292.5 1% 146.25

This is something I need to Show in the Invoice...
If this can be calculated and displayed in the Invoice that will do...

Thanks,
Prasanna 

On Friday, 20 April 2012 09:28:04 UTC+5:30, Rushabh Mehta wrote:
Hi,

From what I understand is that you sell an item for Rs 25 and you pay tax on Rs 30 (?). There could be many ways to map this scenario:

- your tax will be calculated correctly and invoice amount will be correct (30 + tax - 5)
    - your income will be Rs 30 and expense (discount) will be 5 so your revenue will also come correct 30 - 5 (but your unadjusted sales figure will be higher if you do not deduct discount)

2. Keep the item price as 30 and increase the tax rate to cover the additional amount. Say your tax is 10% and you discount by 12% then keep your tax as 11.2% to cover for the additional amount taxable. You can still keep your tax as Excise 10

3. Calculate your tax manually per invoice and use the "Actual" setting for the tax table.

best,
Rushabh

for Example I add an Item of Rs.100 (My billing price is Rs.25 and MRP is Rs.100) I make Excise Payment for Rs.30 as Rs.70 is Abatement...

Hi Prasanna,

From what you have listed down I understand the following:

1. Your list price is 325 per sock
  2. You charge your customer 325 + ED ( which is on 45% of the sale value since abatement in this case is 55%)
  3. You customer pays to you 3251000 + (3250000.45*1.103) = 325000 + ED (as per abatement)

Please confirm if the above case is OK.

Also let me know if the abatement amount is constant or is the abatement changing

Would giving a line item in other charges for abatement resolve your issue, since from what I understand that you are manufacturing different products and all have different abatement rates and therefore you would want that to be in the item master.

If the above case of different abatement is true, the you can do the following:

• Create a custom field in Item Master ====> Name it as Excise Abatement and give this a %age
  • Now create a custom field in Sales Order Details and Delivery Note Details and in RV Details by the name of excise abatement.
  • Now the thing is when you enter the item code for sock you would want that the SO should show the abatement as well.
    • For this you would need to write a custom code in Sales Order Custom Script
    • Search for forums to get the code since I can’t remember the code but it is there in the forums
    • The code is something like this:
    • cur_frm.add_fetch(‘customer’,‘state_tax_type’,‘charge’);
      cur_frm.add_fetch(‘customer’,‘tin_no’,‘tin_no’);
      cur_frm.add_fetch(‘customer’,‘excise_registration_number’,‘excise_number’);
      cur_frm.add_fetch(‘item_code’,‘cetsh_number’,‘cetsh_number’);
  • Now I have pasted my code in the Sales Order the above code does the following:
    • Line 1 Code would fetch the Taxes of the customer to the sales order into the charge master.
    • Line 2 Code would fetch the TIN No of the customer to the sales order
    • Line 4 Code would fetch the CETSH No of the item into the sales order detail
    • The code is like this: cur_frm.add_fetch it is basically fetching the details mentioned later to the current form.
    • First part is the Doctype name in case of item it is item_code
    • Second Part is the name of the field that you need to fetch from the source doc
    • Third part is the name of the field in the TARGET document.

If you need any further help , do post.

On Friday, April 20, 2012 11:46:39 AM UTC+5:30, J Prasanna Kumar wrote:
Hi Rushabh,

When I make an Invoice it will contain Duties and Taxes…

1. When I add an Item I will require to add VAT for that Item as well as Basic duty, Edu Cess, Sed. Edu Cess…
   When I add MRP of the Item as Rs.100 in item master and Calculate Abbetment as 70% it should automatically calculate BD, EC and SEC in Invoice
   Below is example as to how it is done for 1,000 Pks of Socks with 55% Abatement:

Description of goods Assessable Value Rate of BED BED Amount Rate of Ed Cess Ed Cess Amount Rate of Sec Ed Cess Sec Ed Cess Amount
83P347-001-PL-FS (MRP:325.00/PKS Abatement:55%) 1,46,250.00 10% 14625 2% 292.5 1% 146.25

Thanks,
Prasanna 

Hi,

best,
Rushabh

Basically I think Mr Prasanna is looking for this:

Item Price Abatement Qty Total Line No
Current System
Socks ₹ 325.00 55% 1000 ₹ 3,25,000.00 1
Possible
Net Total

₹ 3,25,000.00 2
Available
Taxable Amount After Abatement
45%
₹ 1,46,250.00 3 =45% of 2 Not Possible
BED
10%
₹ 14,625.00 4 =10% of 3 Possible
Ecess
2%
₹ 292.50 5 =2% of 4 Possible
SAH
1%
₹ 146.25 6 =1% of 4 Possible
Sub Total

₹ 3,40,063.75 7 =2+4+5+6 Possible

The problem he is facing is how to do what is happening in line no.3

On Friday, April 20, 2012 12:09:21 PM UTC+5:30, Aditya Duggal wrote:
Hi Prasanna,

2. You charge your customer 325 + ED ( which is on 45% of the sale value since abatement in this case is 55%)
  3. You customer pays to you 325*1000 + (325000*0.45*1.103) = 325000 + ED (as per abatement)

Also let me know if the abatement amount is constant or is the abatement changing

Would giving a line item in other charges for abatement resolve your issue, since from what I understand that you are manufacturing different products and all have different abatement rates and therefore you would want that to be in the item master.

• Create a custom field in Item Master ====> Name it as Excise Abatement and give this a %age
  • Now create a custom field in Sales Order Details and Delivery Note Details and in RV Details by the name of excise abatement.
  • Now the thing is when you enter the item code for sock you would want that the SO should show the abatement as well.
    • Search for forums to get the code since I can't remember the code but it is there in the forums
    • cur_frm.add_fetch('customer','state_tax_type','charge');
      cur_frm.add_fetch('customer','tin_no','tin_no');
      cur_frm.add_fetch('customer','excise_registration_number','excise_number');
      cur_frm.add_fetch('item_code','cetsh_number','cetsh_number');
  • Now I have pasted my code in the Sales Order the above code does the following:
    • Line 1 Code would fetch the Taxes of the customer to the sales order into the charge master.
    • The code is like this: cur_frm.add_fetch it is basically fetching the details mentioned later to the current form.
    • Second Part is the name of the field that you need to fetch from the source doc

Hi Rushabh,

When I make an Invoice it will contain Duties and Taxes...

1. When I add an Item I will require to add VAT for that Item as well as Basic duty, Edu Cess, Sed. Edu Cess...

Thanks,
Prasanna 

Hi,

best,
Rushabh

Hi Aditya,

I charge my customers Rs.115.00. The MRP is Different from My billing price. Abatement is on MRP. So the Invoice should show billing price and MRP.

Thanks,
Prasanna

On Friday, 20 April 2012 14:29:53 UTC+5:30, Aditya Duggal wrote:

Current System
Possible
Net Total

₹ 3,25,000.00 2
Available
45%
BED
10%
Ecess
2%
SAH
1%
Sub Total

Hi Prasanna,

3. You customer pays to you 325*1000 + (325000*0.45*1.103) = 325000 + ED (as per abatement)

• Search for forums to get the code since I can't remember the code but it is there in the forums

Hi Rushabh,

1. When I add an Item I will require to add VAT for that Item as well as Basic duty, Edu Cess, Sed. Edu Cess...

Thanks,
Prasanna 

Hi,

best,
Rushabh

You can put MRP is description

On 20-Apr-2012, at 3:09 PM, J Prasanna Kumar wrote:

Hi Aditya,

I charge my customers Rs.115.00. The MRP is Different from My billing price. Abatement is on MRP. So the Invoice should show billing price and MRP.

Thanks,
Prasanna

On Friday, 20 April 2012 14:29:53 UTC+5:30, Aditya Duggal wrote:

Current System
Possible
Net Total

₹ 3,25,000.00 2
Available
45%
BED
10%
Ecess
2%
SAH
1%
Sub Total

Hi Prasanna,

Hi Rushabh,

Thanks,
Prasanna 

Hi,

best,
Rushabh