Need Guidance / Demo

Hi ,

First let me thank you guys for such an amazing software and for the continued support.

I am struck up in the manufacturing module , saw a demo video but that did not help me . I have created a BOM , where only one raw material will be transformed to the final product so the bom will contain only one item , but it should undergo 9 operations in 9 different workstation and after completion of each operation the items will be moved respectively to 9 different warehouse. I dont really have a clue on how to proceed ?

Can anyone guide me please ?

Please could anyone guide me ?

Thanks

@umair, @ArundhatiS can you help?

1 Like

Hello,

The actual progress on the Production Order is tracked via Timesheet. To track actual Workstation for the Production Order, please refer to relevant Timesheet.

http://imgur.com/d2rLfuu

In ERPNext, a warehouse is not assigned for each Workstation, hence you will be able to track production progress via Warehouse master.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for responding @umair . I have few doubts if you don mind ,

1. I entered all the operations which takes place in different warehouse in BOM but in the production order only one time sheet is created . My concern is different users will be updating status of different operations .

2. I have 9 different workstations/warehouse , while transferring the materials to manufacture I select source warehouse to be 1 and target to be the 9th warehouse , am I doing it right ?When the raw material gets converted into final product ?

3. I have to reference the production order when transferring materials from one warehouse to another but the field disappears if I select anything other than transfer for manuf .

Please help

Inline replies below.

I entered all the operations which takes place in different warehouse in
BOM but in the production order only one time sheet is created . My
concern is different users will be updating status of different
operations .

As per the current design, actual time for each Workstation is tracked in a single timesheet. An operator should update Time for his/her Workstation only.

I have 9 different workstations/warehouse , while transferring
the materials to manufacture I select source warehouse to be 1 and
target to be the 9th warehouse , am I doing it right ?When the raw
material gets converted into final product ?

Fine if it works for you. As discussed earlier, in ERPNext material transfer will be from Store >> WIP >> Finished warehouse.

I have to reference the production order when transferring materials
from one warehouse to another but the field disappears if I select
anything other than transfer for manuf .

If transferring against Production Order, then purpose must be selected as "Transfer for Manufacture. In other transfer options, you will not be able to see Production Order field. As per the design, only one transfer entry can be made for the raw-material items, i.e. from main warehouse to WIP warehouse.

1 Like

Many thanks for the help @umair, but I am facing some issues ,could you please guide me ?

If I select , transfer for manufacture I am getting an error message that " already all the materials to this Production order is transferred " . Also in the first warehouse/workstation the raw material gets gets converted to a product when I try to transfer the product from the first warehouse to the second warehouse I am getting a error message that " xyz is not a stock item " .

Please could you hint me where I am going wrong ? I want to transfer the materials from one work station to the other referencing a production order .

Thank you

I think you need to create 9 different products, one for each stage of your production. This is in fact what you are doing. It’s not raw materials to a single final product with 9 operations, but raw materials to an WIP piece (which goes to warehouse 1, which then gets transformed to another WIP piece, that goes to warehouse 2. Since you want to keep track of this in-process pieces, you need to create new items for each, and have 9 separate BOMs, each with one operation.

1 Like

Hi @Ben_Cornwell_Mott and @umair , Thanks for responding I am actually customizing the software for a forging company. One raw material bar will be converted to a final product , I am not concerned about the warehouse , my problem is the quantity of items in each workstation to be tracked . Could you please guide me how do I do that ?

Also the raw material gets converted to a final product for eg. xyz raw material gets converted to 123 final product , after manufacturing while the qty of 123 item increase in the stock ?

As I said, if you set up each operation with a separate BOM then you will be able to do that. You can have a WIP Warehouse for each workstation, which will then let you know how many items are at each workstation. Within a single BOM production, you can’t keep track of an item in between operations.

When you complete production orders, the raw materials from the WIP warehouse get transformed into the end item in the finished goods warehouse (which can be the stores warehouse if you are planning on using it to make another product).

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the guidance @Ben_Cornwell_Mott . Exactly what I wanted.

But just had a second look at that , in this case i need to prepare around 9 production orders for a single item.

How do I proceed now ?

@Ben_Cornwell_Mott . Just found an issue , I created BOM for every operation but the system is not allowing me to create more than one production order since there is a validation for the quantity to be not more than the sales order. Ideally even I cannot prepare more than production order for a single item .So what I did is correct , I defined all the operations in a single BOM , I am not worried about the time sheet let all the users enter their respective entries in the same sheet , but how to track the items in different warehouse ?

Any help ?

Thanks

Hello,

If you want to track item’s stock at each manufacturing stage, then you should create separate Production Order for each operation. Select Sales Order only for the finished item which is to be delivered to the customer.

1 Like

Many thanks for reply @umair , but it will not be the ideal case , a single production order will contain all the relevant details like what are all the operations the item is going to undergo . So I tried editing the BOM with operations but it is not allowing me to shift the parts to the other warehouse until all operations gets completed.

Anyway many thanks for the reply .