I am researching some time and I have read the documentation. But I need some help implementing BOM’s the best way possible.
I am implementing the ERP system to an manufacturing company which produces beds and sofa’s.
Now my questions are;
- When should i consider creating an BOM?
- Do I really need multi-level BOM’s?
I have bed’s consisting of multiple parts. Like a box, mattress, headboard. Let’s take the headboard as a sample. How a headboard is produced:
- First the wooden parts are taken from the stock and are assembled to a wooden headboard
- After that the foam is taken from the stock and glued to the wooden headboard
- After that fabric cover is been taken with the glued headboard and upholstered
- After that packaging will hapen and the product is finished
Do I need to create a BOM for every step above? Because every part of the process is a sub-assemby for the headboard. Or is it fine to create one BOM which consist of all the material needed and add the operations as above.