Migrate from Odoo to ERPNext

Are there any tools out there, to migrate a complete Odoo instance to a ERPNext one?

1 Like

Hello,

Odoo to ERPNext connector is on our roadmap. For now, it’s not available out-of-the-box.

For migrating data from your Odoo account to the ERPNext account, you can use our Data Import Tool.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

@Daniel_Altiparmak: in addition to what @umair shared, I would like to mention you may want to use bench and its import-csv command to import large amounts of data from your legacy system (Data Import Tool is usually limited to handling no more then 5000 records per a csv file to process). Please review https://frappe.github.io/frappe/user/en/guides/data/import-large-csv-file for more details.

You may find it useful to review another forum thread (https://discuss.frappe.io/t/migration-from-v3-14/18497) where the similar case of migrating from a legacy system to ERP Next v.7 is discussed.

1 Like

@Daniel_Altiparmak Easiest way would be to write a Python script to push data in ERPNext using the API. Send me a PM, will be happy to help you out with the script!

4 Likes

Hello,

I’m currently working on a data migration for our entreprise. We are using Odoo 9 and willing to change to ERPNext that seems promising.

I know that a data migration tool is in the roadmap. Do you know if it will be ready in next weeks ?

I can’t wait too long. So what I could do is post a procedure (or tuto) step by step using Odoo 9 export function and ERPNext Data Import Tool.

Should I start a new topic ?
I will probably need some help as some fields (for exemple : date for quotations) are not imported (date is empty).
EDIT : using date format mm/dd/yyyy instead of dd-mm-yyyy resolve the date importation problem

Regards

1 Like

Hello,

Just to keep you informed that I managed to import Customers, Items and Quotations from Odoo 9.

The problem with the status of the quotation always shown as ‘Draft’ instead of the imported value was fixed when I changed the default value to ‘Open’. Don’t ask me why, but at this state the current imported value is correctly displayed in Quotation List.

To change the default value of the Quotation’s status, go to Setup → Customize Form → Quotation
At the bottom of the table, edit the line ‘Status’.
In the field Display → Default → replace the value ‘Draft’ with ‘Open’ or any other value I think.

The Quotation element seems to have two values. Status (can be overrode during importation), and Docstatus (the value that erpnext is really using, apparently ‘Draft’ by default even after importation).

Do I need to post a bug report ?

2 Likes

@quentin-oyopi sorry missed this. Did you write a script for this?

The quotation needs to be in “submit”. You can call it using the submit method via the ORM. Let me know if you need help.

Good afternoon
I am developing on odoo 10 an application that involves several processes where each one inserts in the database several records related to invoices and other documents. I wanted to know if the erpnext migration tool also migrates the code related to these processes. Thanks and regards. Adolfo

You will need to write python scripts to insert the records using the API. I have a few Odoo to ERPNext scripts if you want a sample

Thanks for your answer. But what I need to do is to migrate the source code of the processes (triggered by wizards), which involve different algorithms and business rules, not the resulting records created in the database.

@RWEMA_Aimable I need help in migrating data from Odoo to erpnext kindly share some of your scripts as an example so that I can get to some point.
Thanks in advance :slightly_smiling_face:

@rmehta I shall be very thankful If you could share a sample of python script to migrate from Odoo to Erpnext

Unfortunately we did not end up making one… maybe just use data import tool ?

Here are my script. Sorry it’s not commented you will need to figure out the meaning

3 Likes

Thank you so much @RWEMA_Aimable let me try it …

Dear @RWEMA_Aimable kindly let me know where you put this script in frappe directory hierarchy and how to execute? I am getting error no module name frappeclient (even when I use “from frappe.frappeclient import …”) when I placed the file under \ERPNext\frappe\frappe\data_migration\doctype\data_migration_connector\connectors
Moreover I do not know how to execute such type of scripts using terminal (console) I simply use the command (python file_name.py) as we run python script using bash shell.

You need to install Frappe Client

Moreover I do not know how to execute such type of scripts using terminal (console) I simply use the command (python file_name.py) as we run python script using bash shell.

Yes that’s what you are supposed to do after installing the above package