Mechanism to Fetch Data from SQL database straight into MySQL database of ERPNext

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if there is a direct command to fetch some data tables
from SQL for Microsoft RMS - and import them into the MySQL for
ERPNext directly and sync with two sections directly related.

For example - import master inventory, warehouse names, sales figures
etc - and import them automatically and reflect in related sections in
ERPNext.

Lots of help needed and will be sincerely appreciated!

Regards,

Danish

Hi Danish,

You should also post this on our developer forum.

https://groups.google.com/group/erpnext-developer-forum

Unfortunately, we have no experience in the technology you are asking us to integrate.

best,
Rushabh

W: https://erpnext.com
T: @rushabh_mehta

On 13-Sep-2012, at 5:45 PM, Danish Agha <da...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if there is a direct command to fetch some data tables
from SQL for Microsoft RMS - and import them into the MySQL for
ERPNext directly and sync with two sections directly related.

ERPNext.

Lots of help needed and will be sincerely appreciated!

Regards,

Danish

Hi guys, I also am interested in importing data from external systems under program control (instead of the manual Setup > Data Import mechanism). In my case I would probably use a CSV as the intermediate data format (export nightly using cron from a legacy system to a CSV file or files), and then import the data into ERPNext automatically (e.g. scheduled using cron).

We have many legacy systems, and at least initially I would like to automatically import data from our legacy systems every night into ERPNext (something like a test server that resets itself every night). Over time, as we understand ERPNext better and implement required custom functionality, we would migrate away from most of these legacy systems - but it would be gradual (not in the typical big cut-over one night, when legacy systems get turned off and all data entry is done in the new ERP starting next morning).

Further, the data being I am importing is well over 5000 rows in some cases (e.g. I am importing 25,000 part numbers from our legacy part numbering system, and 50,000 serial numbers from a separate manufacturing management system). I can use a shell script to break up the import data into multiple files, do how could ERPNext deal with this if the import was scheduled?

Alternatively (which could be closer to the OP’s question), would it be possible to write data obtained from another system directly to ERPNext’s MySQL schema? A shell script could be run by cron that would simply “load data infile…” through the mysql command line monitor, but could it work in practice? Some systems have too much interaction between models in the business logic for this to be feasible, but would it work with ERPNext?

On Thursday, 13 September 2012 22:55:09 UTC-6, Rushabh Mehta wrote:

Unfortunately, we have no experience in the technology you are asking us to integrate.

On 13-Sep-2012, at 5:45 PM, Danish Agha <da…@gmail.com> wrote:
ERPNext.

ERPNext would need to support CSV format import only. It could be the responsibility of the site administrator to see that data from other systems is provided in CSV format.

Dale

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Dale,

You can push data directly via web requests as JSON objects.

See the test in this file:

I will keep this mail open and prepare a help page on this sometime later today as we have seen this question come again and again.

best,
Rushabh

On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 3:06 AM, Dale Scott <da...@dalescott.net> wrote:
Hi guys, I also am interested in importing data from external systems under program control (instead of the manual Setup > Data Import mechanism). In my case I would probably use a CSV as the intermediate data format (export nightly using cron from a legacy system to a CSV file or files), and then import the data into ERPNext automatically (e.g. scheduled using cron).

We have many legacy systems, and at least initially I would like to automatically import data from our legacy systems every night into ERPNext (something like a test server that resets itself every night). Over time, as we understand ERPNext better and implement required custom functionality, we would migrate away from most of these legacy systems - but it would be gradual (not in the typical big cut-over one night, when legacy systems get turned off and all data entry is done in the new ERP starting next morning).

Further, the data being I am importing is well over 5000 rows in some cases (e.g. I am importing 25,000 part numbers from our legacy part numbering system, and 50,000 serial numbers from a separate manufacturing management system). I can use a shell script to break up the import data into multiple files, do how could ERPNext deal with this if the import was scheduled?

Alternatively (which could be closer to the OP's question), would it be possible to write data obtained from another system directly to ERPNext's MySQL schema? A shell script could be run by cron that would simply "load data infile..." through the mysql command line monitor, but could it work in practice? Some systems have too much interaction between models in the business logic for this to be feasible, but would it work with ERPNext?

ERPNext.

ERPNext would need to support CSV format import only. It could be the responsibility of the site administrator to see that data from other systems is provided in CSV format.

Dale

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

Dale,

Please check this page on how to push data into ERPNext.

http://erpnext.org/docs.dev.api.html

best,
Rushabh

T: @rushabh_mehta

On 22-Jul-2013, at 11:09 AM, Rushabh Mehta <rm...@gmail.com> wrote:

Dale,

You can push data directly via web requests as JSON objects.

See the test in this file:

I will keep this mail open and prepare a help page on this sometime later today as we have seen this question come again and again.

best,
Rushabh

On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 3:06 AM, Dale Scott <da...@dalescott.net> wrote:

Alternatively (which could be closer to the OP's question), would it be possible to write data obtained from another system directly to ERPNext's MySQL schema? A shell script could be run by cron that would simply "load data infile..." through the mysql command line monitor, but could it work in practice? Some systems have too much interaction between models in the business logic for this to be feasible, but would it work with ERPNext?

ERPNext.

Dale

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

I wanted to followup on this old conversation, but the links are no longer valid. Can anyone provide links to current information?

https://github.com/webnotes/wnframework/blob/master/webnotes/utils/webclient.py

Thanks,
Dale

This is now:

https://github.com/frappe/frappe-client