Login using Google A/c

Hi All,


Is it possible to login to ERPNext using Google A/c or from Googles Apps? If not, can this be worked around?

If possible, this can be very useful and convenient.


Thanks & regards

Aditya


------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please excuse the brevity of this mail. Sent from my Android Gingerbread Smartphone.


I have been using google apps, but never felt the need to log into erpnext using same login session. I mean I wouldn’t take it as an hassle to login seperately, it takes about 1min or less…

also the SMTP send mail ensures that mails sent from erpnext rests in the sent items folder of Google.


any specific reason for logging into , through google apps ?

please share !

mahesh

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 5:39 PM, Aditya Sharma <ad…@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

Is it possible to login to ERPNext using Google A/c or from Googles Apps? If not, can this be worked around?

If possible, this can be very useful and convenient.

Thanks & regards

Aditya

--
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please excuse the brevity of this mail. Sent from my Android Gingerbread Smartphone.


Hi Mahesh,


Well, no specific reason why I would want to login using Google accept for the hassle of remembering another login info…as it is we've got so many of them.

Can you let me how to get this around…I mean login using Google.

Thanks & regards

Aditya

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 5:43 PM, Mahesh <ma...@maheshengg.com> wrote:
I have been using google apps, but never felt the need to log into erpnext using same login session. I mean I wouldn't take it as an hassle to login seperately, it takes about 1min or less..

also the SMTP send mail ensures that mails sent from erpnext rests in the sent items folder of Google.

any specific reason for logging into , through google apps ?

please share !

mahesh

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 5:39 PM, Aditya Sharma <ad...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

Is it possible to login to ERPNext using Google A/c or from Googles Apps? If not, can this be worked around?

If possible, this can be very useful and convenient.

Thanks & regards

Aditya

--
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please excuse the brevity of this mail. Sent from my Android Gingerbread Smartphone.





--
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please excuse the brevity of this mail. Sent from my Android Gingerbread Smartphone.

Hi,

What I have done is kept the same User/pwd combi for both my google apps acc as well as erpnext,

and defined my email settings in ERPNEXT global settings…

try doing both the things… it will simply your daily routine


mahesh


On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 6:00 PM, Aditya Sharma <ad…@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Mahesh,

Well, no specific reason why I would want to login using Google accept for the hassle of remembering another login info…as it is we’ve got so many of them.

Can you let me how to get this around…I mean login using Google.

Thanks & regards

Aditya


On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 5:43 PM, Mahesh <ma...@maheshengg.com> wrote:
I have been using google apps, but never felt the need to log into erpnext using same login session. I mean I wouldn't take it as an hassle to login seperately, it takes about 1min or less..


also the SMTP send mail ensures that mails sent from erpnext rests in the sent items folder of Google.


any specific reason for logging into , through google apps ?

please share !

mahesh

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 5:39 PM, Aditya Sharma <ad…@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

Is it possible to login to ERPNext using Google A/c or from Googles Apps? If not, can this be worked around?

If possible, this can be very useful and convenient.

Thanks & regards

Aditya

--
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please excuse the brevity of this mail. Sent from my Android Gingerbread Smartphone.






--
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please excuse the brevity of this mail. Sent from my Android Gingerbread Smartphone.


I would like to add another thing, the developers should actually think about adding the facility for single sign-on from google apps. Also they should include the facility to send emails from the user’s email instead of a single email which is actually used currently.


We could use something like click-pass

http://www.clickpass.com/

but it seems they are re-working their tool. Will look into this - I think this feature will be very important if we have to do customer-vendor logins.

  • Rushabh

ERPNext - World’s most affordable ERP.

W: https://erpnext.com
T: @rushabh_mehta

On 13-Jan-2012, at 8:49 AM, Aditya Duggal wrote:

I would like to add another thing, the developers should actually think about adding the facility for single sign-on from google apps. Also they should include the facility to send emails from the user’s email instead of a single email which is actually used currently.