Let's encrypt ppa failed on ubuntu focal

Hi ALL,

sudo bench setup lets-encrypt myerp.mysite.com failed on ppa.

I’m still reading the source code to find a way to fix it but no luck.

After restart nginx by the above command, the nginx won’t restart with errors.

Please show the NGinx error logs, on Ubuntu they’re at /var/log/nginx/

Not with me. Setting a new one.

Basically I check. The opt/certbot_auto exit without cert created and nginx complaint /etc/securetty no permission.

Found GitHub - vinyll/certbot-install: Install the latest Certbot in a breeze. Great for Ubuntu Focal 20.04, and other Linux/Mac.

After the bench setup lets-encrypt error, install it and sudo ln -s it to /opt/cert-auto can continue.

Thinking to use this.

original GitHub - certbot/certbot: Certbot is EFF's tool to obtain certs from Let's Encrypt and (optionally) auto-enable HTTPS on your server. It can also act as a client for any other CA that uses the ACME protocol. auto template mixture of python2 and python3 and no luck success after changing from python to python3.

snap install certbot ln -s to /opt/certbot-auto not working unless modify bench/configs/lets-encrypt.py to use certbot instead of /opt/certbot-auto

left GitHub - vinyll/certbot-install: Install the latest Certbot in a breeze. Great for Ubuntu Focal 20.04, and other Linux/Mac. which i can install and link to /opt/certbot-auto pre to bench setup lets-encrypt.

okay. 3rd one compiling has some warning.

my final resolution is

1. sudo apt install snap
  2. sudo snap install certbot
  3. modify ~/.bench/bench/config/lets-encrypt.py
    change

def get_certbot_path():
return “/opt/certbot-auto”

into

def get_certbot_path():
return “/snap/bin/certbot”

1. inside ./bench
    ~/mybench/env/bin/pip install -q -U -e .
    sudo ~/mybench/env/bin/pip install -q -U -e .

and sudo bench setup lets-encrypt localhost succeed.