Leave opening balance & monthly earned leave

@michelle Some updates. The leave allocation via Grant Button is not considering the earned leaves (monthly prorated). However for some employees (not all though) whom I allocated leaves manually via Leave Allocation, prorated allocation is happening. So this is adding additional leaves to that I had assigned for the leave period.
For example - Privilege leave type is set 1.5/month for 01-01-2021 - 31-12-2021 and manually allocated with max leaves as 18. However after couple of months it started adding prorated so now the leave balance is 21 (18 leaves allocated manually and 3 leaves for last 2 months). This is confusing, kindly help.

1 Like

what is the purpose of the round field on the leave type?

If the opening Leaves till July in this example, are more than Max Leaves Allowed defined in the Leave Type, then thereā€™s a problem.

Why not have ā€œUnused leavesā€ editable for such scenarios?

I think handling opening leave balances is not factored in the design of the module.

1)Even after applying the normal leaves. The leaves arenā€™t getting reduced
2)please let me know steps to allocate the Employee Leave Balance

This is still the biggest thing I struggle with when implementing this for a new client. Itā€™s poorly handled, yet itā€™s a key one any new rollout.

The same problem I have encountered. Seems the earned leave feature not working properly.

Yesā€¦ Also auto allocation of leaves monthly does not happen. Each time have to allocate manuallyā€¦ There is no solution given either.