Okay so there are form event based triggers like refresh, onload and then there are field based triggers. I’ll cite my query in detail below:
I have two doctypes, Lets call them DocA and DocB.
- There are three fields on DocA: (FieldA, FieldB, FieldC)
- There are two fields on DocB: (FieldA. FieldB)
Now I have a script running for DocB:
- Trigger is FieldA in DocB ( fielda:function(frm))
- When this script runs it changes the value of FieldA in DocA
I have another script, for DocA:
- Trigger is FieldA in DocA
Now for the script for DocA to be executed (since its a field based trigger), will the trigger for DocB cause a chain execution (it is changing the value for a field in another document which in itself is a trigger) OR would I have to open DocA for the script to run and execute (I think this wouldn’t be the case because this would be a simple refresh trigger).
Any help is appreciated.