We’ve been working on this during a few months and we can’t find the best option to solve it.
We need that ERPNext send a notification when the stock level’s item reaches a certain level.
We’ve been trying with:
- Auto generation of material request: It works, but we have several problems that this can’t solve.
- We are not interested in generating a doctype as a material request, in fact, it isn’t useful for some industries, ex. retail. We need just that ERPNext sent a notification to people with some role.
- The background process runs at midnight. It means that we have an entire day without any stock actualization, during which stock can exhaust.
- Send a System Notification: It isn’t possible because there isn’t a doctype which works when stock item reaches certain level to link the notification (exactly what we need).
- Create a Notification message: According to that post, Notification Message For Stock Shortage, we thought about the possibility to make a notification for doctypes related with stock movements that implies stock items reach under certain level.
Until now, write some lines of code to make a quantity control and send a notification message (if it corresponded) related with the submit of some stock doctype seems to be the only way to solve this, but we are not sure about that.
So, we’re looking for options to notificate system users with some specific role when stock item is really low, and it would be important that it could be in real time.
We understood that it’s an important background job, so it can’t be executed all day long, but just one time a day it isn’t enough.
Did anybody find another way to do this?
How manage this retail firms, or some industries more like JIT?
Thanks in advance,