Internal Server Error on Power Failure

I am not very familiar with Linux :grimacing: I might stumble at basics.
Very interested in OpenSource ERP system; I decided to give it a shot and I am determined to make this work.

I downloaded the production image from erpnext.org fwdslash download and booted it on VirtualBox.
Everything looked great and I liked ERPNext. I had to shutdown and restart my system ā€œInternal Server Errorā€ shows up.

After searching around a bit, following running commands:

sudo mysqld --tc-heuristic-recover=ROLLBACK
sudo service mysql start

ā€¦everything was good again. A sudden power failure few hours later pushed me back to ā€œInternal Server Errorā€. Trying the above rollback statements did not work.

systemctl status mariadb.service
results in:

A little help shall assist me long way.
A peek at what went wrong and how to troubleshoot will be of great help too. :slight_smile:

Update:
Part of /var/lib/mysql/mysql-error.log :

Hoping above log makes sense to someone here :neutral_face:

Desperate times desperate measures.

Hereā€™s what I did to resolve my situation. I am still not sure how and what impact the following did on ERPNext server. Someone explaining me what happened will help in better understanding what happened:

• Start the VBox server

• In terminal run command: sudo vi /etc/mysql/my.cnf <<opens my.cnf a mariadb config file in vi editor

• scrolled to the section where statement starts with ā€œinnodb_ā€¦ā€

• Pressed ā€œiā€ to enter insert mode

• Added new line:
    innodb_log_checksums = ON

• Press ā€œEscā€ key

• Type ā€œ:wqā€ <<this saves and quits the vi editor

• In terminal run command: rm /var/lib/mysql/ib_logfile*

• In terminal run command: sudo reboot

Voila!
localhost:8080 is accessible again!

Today I learned:
linux is cool
vi is text editor
command line is not that scary
DO NOT PANIC if something goes wrong. Make a copy of disk and be brave :stuck_out_tongue:

I am sorry if this is too basic to be here on ERPNext forum. But I figured someone else might stumble upon same issue some day.

3 Likes

Oh also ā€œInternal Server Errorā€ does not point to one specific error.

It would show up if server fails to start ERPNext successfully if something went wrong.

Hi welcome to ERPNext

Well done - yes a web search on ā€˜Missing MLOG_CHEKPOINTā€™ turns up this mysql - InnoDB: Ignoring the redo log due to missing MLOG_CHECKPOINT - Database Administrators Stack Exchange

Hereā€™s another case resolved by deleting those ib_logfile artifacts [solved] MariaDB 10.1 to MariaDB 10.2 upgrade crash

I think VB lets you take a snapshot copy of your disk image.

No in fact quite the opposite, your pointers will most certainly help many.

Possibly even yourself one day? If you canā€™t recall what you did now you have notes!

Hey thanks for the warm welcome. Iā€™ll keep posting more about upcoming ERPNext adventures :smiley: