I have a user register docType, when i click save that's need to add in the user's list also

Give me a suggestion, for adding user data into the ERP user’s list, when the user gives their detail in the user_registration doctype.

Hi @Aswin_Lakshmanan,

I recommend that you utilize the information in the User list. If you need to include additional or essential data, you can create an Employee and link it to the User.

Thank You!

Thank you for your valuable input @NCP
Employee is an doc_type?
If it is doc_type how should I link to User from doc_type.

Can you please say that

Hi @Aswin_Lakshmanan,

Please check the whole documentation of the Employee.

I hope this helps.

Thank You!

Thank You @NCP
Thanks for the documentation
I went through the documentation,
As per my understanding, I need to send the data from user_register doc_type to the erp_user list
when the user clicks the save button, i need to add the employee from there, i need to send data to the user right?
Main Process
When the user clicks the save button it is stored in the doc_type, when the user tries to log in with their email ID, the ERP sends there is no user exists bcoz that user data was not stored in the ERP user database. I need a solution for this.

Hi @Aswin_Lakshmanan,

Let me explain it simply. If you need to store some additional information about users, but the user list doesn’t allow custom fields, I suggest using the Employee doctype. This is because you can easily manage all the necessary details there, and it also has a built-in feature to link users to employees.

However, if you want to create a separate doctype like “User Registration” and then create a user from that doctype, you’ll need to develop this scenario using server-side scripting. I hope this clarifies things for you.

Thank You!

Thank you for your time @NCP
can you please share the create user API documentation if it is available, that would be helpful for me

Thank You

Hi @Aswin_Lakshmanan,

Please check it.

Also check the reference, in the post.

Thank You!

Thank you let me go through it

Hi @NCP
I have one docType on the docType I have a list of data, I want to show the list on the webpage, how can I do that?

Can you please help me