How to delete all transaction like it was new

is there like a reset button to start over again?

delete company transactions from company setting

When you use the “Delete company transactions” option, it does not set the database back to completely new. It still retains all of the company information and I believe the chart of accounts and users. Only the transactions disappear like sales invoices, work orders, BOM’s, journal entries, etc.

This option was put in place for you to be able to delete any experimental transactions you created while learning to use the system.

If you want a true empty system, you should delete the erpnext application from the server and re-install it to get a fresh shot at the startup wizard. I don’t know if there is a simple way to do this outside of re-installing the application.

BKM

1 Like

restoring a snapshot of the VM or container you have taken before actually starting to use ERPnext would achieve that at a fraction of the trouble.

While that is probably very true, many of us have just recently figured out how to deal with VPS servers and installations. Figuring out containers and docker images is yet another hurdle I am not yet confident I can even attempt yet.

I (and probably many other new-comers to ERPNext) started out just capable enough to know how to install Linux servers and then install software packages like ERPNext. So as soon as I can get a handle on how to create, setup, and use docker images, then I can work on how to manage them in a production environment. That is just another learning hurdle for many of us.

BKM

bench --site site_name reinstall

1 Like

Hi
Just go to Company.

And click on Delete all transaction as shown in screenshot.

1 Like

How do I delete transactions from the database without hampering the customization made in the ERPnext application? Deleting company transactions is not helpful as I am still getting the error that my document is linked to another document(which is non-existent as I have already deleted all the company transactions). This seems like a bug to me. Help would be highly appreciated.

It seems like you may have to either get some MariaDB expert to help you track down the offending entry and delete it, or start over from a fresh site instance and then add your customisation again.

When I had troubles with my own custom ERPNext installation, I formatted the server and started over. It was faster than trying to track down a database expert to locate the error and correct it. It was cheaper as well. It only cost me a few hours of work to rebuild the system and start again.

I wish I had a better answer, but as soon as you start adding custom work into the equation everything changes and the standard solutions no longer apply.

BKM

1 Like