Gross Profit Report Inconsistencies V12

Has anyone noticed the inconsistencies in Gross Profit on V12.
ERPNext: v12.18.0 (version-12)
Frappe Framework: v12.15.0 (version-12)

1. If filtered by Invoice then it is not considering return item value. I compared it with Item Code filtered report to find 4 units of 2 items returned but not recorded in Invoice filter report. Rest of the filtered reports are fine.

2. Gross Profit % in the Total (bottom) is actually an average of all the rows. Hence its totally incorrect. The formula should be (Selling Price - Buying Price)/Selling Price just like the formula in the rows. If you have anything more than one row in filter by Invoice, Warehouse, Item Code etc you have different gross profit % for the same total value. In my case I have only 1 of Warehouse, Customer, Customer Group & territory due to which % is accurate but rest to the above are multiple lines. Heck, I have Total Gross Profit from 14% to 35% depending on which filter I am choosing.

3. Total section of Avg. Selling Rate & Valuation Rate should be blank. It cannot be average of total row, which is it currently. Why does it need to average out the rows and how does it help?

Heres a comparison. Note the huge difference in the Buying Amount. If total value of 4 units is 13.714 then how come the difference is 91.72. The selling amount matches which is fine.

If anyone has fixed this then please do let me know.

Thank you.

1 Like

I have noted this. In addition to this, in my instance Sales returns are incorrectly handled by Gross Profit Report in ERPNext