[Feature] [ERPNext v13] New Point of Sale Beta Testing

Good job… But we have an issue in translation of some words

https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/issues/23858

Hi. in version 12, sales go directly to the sales invoice and consequently to the accounting record. In version 13 it goes to an intermediate registry this does not work for taxation in Peru. In addition, several types of electronic receipts are needed with their serial number (Sales slip, Sales invoice, etc.). Let’s see if they consider those changes or if not, how could I configure it? Thanks in advance

Hai Frappe Team and Community members…

I’ve a suggestion.
If there is the following options for POS Profile or Settings, it’ll be useful for both Small and Medium Enterprises.

• enable creating Sales Invoice with update stock on every transaction.
  • enable Custom Script for POS to fetch geolocation to a field from smartphone (useful for Van Sales like businesses).

Thank you.

About Loyalty Program it’s calculated correctly on the pos page after payment in the pos invoice the paid amount it’s the same as the grand total the system not deduct the redeem amount

Hi all,
Did not have time to read all posts here but can you tell me if you will support on V13 Offline POS?

What I understood is that Offline POS will not bein V13. You will need to use Event Streaming to connect 2 instances

1 Like

Hi All, Do you know how to automatically add surcharges on the POS UI when having a payment method of credit card? Also how can you include on the POS the credit card payment plan, example if through installment or straight payment?

I just test rode ver 13 and the POS feature.

It’s amazing work. I really mean it. I typically like to stay a version behind, but I’m recommending for a new client implementation (If I get the deal), version 13.

Congratulations on your awesome work!

Thanks

Jay

2 Likes

How do you plan to use this with e-invoicing?

A minor suggestion : We can have Total Quantity readonly field should be shown, above the Net Total, it becomes handy for the POS user to verify the sales quickly.

Similar to what jignesh_shah said, please also consider adding serial number field to verify number of items.

Just wondering if there are any plans for the Point of Sales to support reading of price embedded barcodes, such as https://www.possolutions.com.au/blogs/newsagency/what-are-price-embedded-barcodes

Currently, our clients have these price embedded barcodes printed on their prepackaged products and weight-based products, such as meats, fruits, vegetables, etc.

POS systems that support price embedded barcodes will typically identify the SKU and pricing information within the barcode as they are scanned during checkout, and then they are automatically entered them into the system.

Can the new POS in ERPNext do that? If not, are there any plans to support, and what would be the temporary workarounds?

Appreciate feedbacks from the community on various ideas or solution on implementing POS for grocery stores where there are a lot of prepackaged products and weight-based products.

Thanks in advanced!

1 Like

@youssef can implement that feature for you within his POSAwesome app. Other than that someone can tweak the standard POS screen a little bit for you.

Is there an image gallery/demo page for POSAwesome?

POS Awesome is supporting sales of scale (weighted) products

1 Like

1 error I found that we can’t save POS Closing Entry when we didn’t sell anything in that shift. POS transactions can’t be empty, that’s so wrong.

1 suggestion: Field to apply coupon code.

1 Like

Adding scale/weight-based products is a plus to this amazing renovation…

just want to kick couple of questions,

• there is no way now to edit the “Change Amount”?
    for ex. sale for 16 OR 14, customer pay 20, cashier will return 5, so there is a +/- 1 for write-off
    or even sale for 19, customer pay 20, and no change will be returned
    How to do this from POS ? it was available on previous versions!

• Can we add a linked contact on the POS “Contact Details” that shows when we click on the customer name.
    we have many linked contacts there to be chosen, can we ?
    POS additional field should work for this, but shows all contacts not filtered to the selected customer
    I believe the “Contact Details” page is the location for the Contact Person :slight_smile:

those are real use cases in my use case.

Any comments on my points above here ^ ?

How can I get money out of the till to a safe place without having to close the till?

Perform a cash out.