[Feature] [ERPNext v13] New Point of Sale Beta Testing

Thank you @nextchamp.saqib

Rooting for this. Combined with Event Streaming we may end up with a real contender as far as retail management for multi location retailers is considered.

@nextchamp.saqib

Any update ? Any way we can help?

Hello @nextchamp.saqib’

I noticed a bug in the beta PoS

I noticed that if you create Items with multiple variants, the items have a problem showing up in the shopping cart when you want to sell them.

The items show up clearly on the item page to the left, but when you click on them to make a sell they do not show up in the shopping cart. However the cart total figure increases

When I checked this is the error message I get from the logs

FYA

And speaking of Variants, is there anyway on this planet earth we can achieve this flow at PoS for items with variants

Possible?

3 Likes

@nextchamp.saqib what about sale person? each store now requires a sale person named to be added to to pos invoice

1 Like

Hello!

May you please include delivery option with pending orders?

This is the case:

• You are a froceries store for COVID 19 you need to implement a delivery system for your store and continue selling to your clients.
  • When you get a delivery call, you pick the products and assign someone to deliver. This is the person who is going to deliver and also will be accountable for the payments.
  • You should create an order (it would be great to do this from POS directly) with customer details, address, delivery man info, but this should be on hold, pending for invoice. Because when you send the delivery the money is not in your pocket yet.
  • Once the delivery man comes back with payment, you can move the pending order to invoice also send the invoice to customer by email for example.
  • In the case you have several delivery men you will need a list of pending orders each of them with a delivery men associated for accountability.

I hope this user case be usefull.

Thank you!

4 Likes

Looking good !!!
My suggestions:

• Making buttons & fields bigger so we can use it in touch monitor.
  • Discount button because we’ll use it very often.

Upgraded to Ver13 beta-2 but the UI is still the old one. Its no where near the one above.

It is yet to be merged

We are waiting on the team to tidy it up.

Been a long but patient wait

What will be the status of Offline POS going forward?

There’s event streaming, but that is not a complete replacement/alternative to offline POS feature. For the simple reason, event streaming means having local computers/infrastructure.

1 Like

But even the beta testing has been disabled. Does that mean that the team is close to merge it?

I hope so

Check this POS Refactor pull request.

Hi @nextchamp.saqib

What’s the latest on this pls? Would really appreciate any update

Cheers

2 Likes

How the POS Going On… i jsut tried and the stock ledger or accoutning ledger are not created

1 Like

i just found closing entries need to be made

1 Like

Is there a way to prevent some POS profiles from editing prices, and discounts?

On the Create POS Opening Entry, it’s possible for a user to select any profile. This shouldn’t be the case.

It’s also possible to create and submit delivery notes for items already sold on POS. Delivery note, should be able to check for items in stock+items already held up by pos invoices.
Otherwise, a user would be selling and delivering an item already sold and shipped from the unconsolidated pos invoices.

Imagine a scenario, where, a distributor has a POS/retail and other sales operations at the back-office.

Well, it could be handled by splitting warehouses to sell from.

Ran into this while trying the freshest Beta V5 of ERPNext. Mode of Payment was stated as invalid even though it was set up properly?

https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/issues/23872

Change your country in your company and save it.

after that rechange to your original one.

This will solve the problem.

1 Like