[Feature] Create Item Prices directly from Supplier Quotations

I think having the system automatically create Item Price docs from Supplier Quotations. I was thinking of adding a button to a Submitted Supplier Quotation called “Create Item Prices”. A popup would display that lets you select the Price List that you want to add the prices to. After that, each line item of the quotation would be added to the price list.

There are a couple sticking points that I can see:

1. A supplier quotation can have more than one line item with the same item code (for different quantity quotations). Right now, the Item Price can only support one Item Price per item code per Price List. I was thinking of removing this validation and allowing the system to create several Item Prices as long as the minimum quantity would be different, but I can see this causing lots of problems.
    Ideally, when deciding an Item Price for any item (for Selling or Buying) the system would look at minimum quantity for the price and pick whichever was the closest minimum order quantity that wasn’t over.
  2. Overwritting existing Item Prices. If the system already has a price for that price list, how do you handle that? I was thinking of adding a check box to the popup that says “Overwrite existing Item Prices”, and using that to either ignore or update the existing item price.

That’s what I’ve got so far. I’ll probably go in stages (first get it working, then add multiple item prices per quote).

Any thoughts from the community here before I get started?

[EDIT: Supplier Quotation already has a price list field, so that could be used instead of prompting the user]

2 Likes

Can you please raise this feature request on Issues · frappe/erpnext · GitHub

1 Like

The whole idea is just great and is really necessary for us, I support it by all means.[quote=“Ben_Cornwell_Mott, post:1, topic:14176”]

1. A supplier quotation can have more than one line item with the same item code (for different quantity quotations).
    [/quote]

This is a must have. As of now we can’t fully rely on the system for comparing the prices, depending on different quantity ranges.[quote=“Ben_Cornwell_Mott, post:1, topic:14176”]
2. Overwritting existing Item Prices. If the system already has a price for that price list, how do you handle that? I was thinking of adding a check box to the popup that says “Overwrite existing Item Prices”, and using that to either ignore or update the existing item price.
[/quote]

For us it’s not necessary, but if can be implemented, it may be useful to review price history and track the changes. Price history report can be also useful.

Thanks.

1 Like

I will do this and plan on coding it myself, but I want to get a discussion going here to make sure this is a wanted feature and there are no other considerations I haven’t thought of.

2 Likes

This is exactly what I’m looking for. Could you let me know the status update on this development?

Very interested in ability to generate Item price for Quotation and Sales Order directly from Supplier cost.