Frappé and ERPNext seem like a great foundation for extending company processes with already build in apps but also for additional custom apps that should be able to hook into existing functionality and data. My question now is, what would be the preferred way of setting a production-ready environment and a development environment? I think I’ve read through all the documentation by now, full installation, VM installation, and docker installation, but it’s still not clear to me.
- The full installation seems to be very environment polluting;
- the VM version seems to be running on ubuntu 14.04 that is currently on extended security maintenance (for me that means out-dated);
- and, the docker installation seems to be very extensive but doesn’t make it clear which installation method to choose, and how to continue from there.
If someone from the dev team could make this clear to me I’m up for some collaboration while developing my own thing on top of the system.
- What’s a conventional production environment?
- What’s a conventional development environment?
- How do migrations work between the two without data loss?
- How does custom app development work between development and production environments?