Error installing ERPNext on centos 7

I am getting the folllowing error when installing ERPNext on centos 7. Can anyone help me troubleshoot this kindlyTraceback (most recent call last): File "install.py", line 388, in <module> install_bench(args) File "install.py", line 114, in install_bench run_playbook('production/install.yml', sudo=True, extra_vars=extra_vars) File "install.py", line 326, in run_playbook success = subprocess.check_call(args, cwd=os.path.join(cwd, 'playbooks')) File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 542, in check_call raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd) subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['ansible-playbook', '-c', 'local', 'production/install.yml', '-e', '@/tmp/extra_vars.json', '--become', '--become-user=frappe']' returned non-zero exit status 2

Are you logged in as user frappe when you are issuing the command?

Hi @Mute,

are you installing on a server instance of centos or the desktop version?

Im having similar issues with the desktop version but the easy installer worked perfectly on ubuntu 14.04 LTS server.

Im still trying to troubleshoot why it works on server and not desktop. I never had issue on version 7, but since then I kept upgrading with same instance and only tried a fresh install this weekend to setup dev environment.

so not yet sure what the issue is but I would recommend server versions for now.

regards
Hemant

I was installing on Centos & minimal edition. It wasn’t working. I was getting the error posted above. I switched to ubuntu and i was still getting the same. Tried manual installation but this time i was getting a different error. I have been forced to download the already deployed VM. But will still be looking into the issue

Hi @Mute

Just finished with Centos 7 install and also getting an error…could not find a server version and the iso I downloaded and installed on the VM was a desktop version of Centos. Error is different then when I installed on ubuntu:

TASK [nginx : Add nginx apt repository for Debian < 8] ***********************************************************************
skipping: [localhost]

TASK [nginx : Ensure nginx is installed.] ************************************************************************************

TASK [nginx : Rename default nginx.conf to nginx.conf.old] *******************************************************************

TASK [nginx : Copy nginx configuration in place.] ****************************************************************************
changed: [localhost]

TASK [nginx : Setup www redirect] ********************************************************************************************

TASK [nginx : Ensure nginx is started and enabled to start at boot.] *********************************************************
fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {“changed”: false, “failed”: true, “msg”: “Unable to start service nginx: Job for nginx.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status nginx.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.\n”}

RUNNING HANDLER [dns_caching : restart network manager] **********************************************************************

RUNNING HANDLER [mariadb : restart mysql] ************************************************************************************

RUNNING HANDLER [nginx : restart nginx] **************************************************************************************
to retry, use: --limit @/tmp/.bench/playbooks/production/install.retry

PLAY RECAP *******************************************************************************************************************
localhost : ok=44 changed=32 unreachable=0 failed=1

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “install.py”, line 388, in
install_bench(args)
File “install.py”, line 114, in install_bench
run_playbook(‘production/install.yml’, sudo=True, extra_vars=extra_vars)
File “install.py”, line 326, in run_playbook
success = subprocess.check_call(args, cwd=os.path.join(cwd, ‘playbooks’))
File “/usr/lib64/python2.7/subprocess.py”, line 542, in check_call
raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command ‘[‘ansible-playbook’, ‘-c’, ‘local’, ‘production/install.yml’, ‘-e’, ‘@/tmp/extra_vars.json’, ‘–become’, ‘–become-user=frappe’]’ returned non-zero exit status 2

So need to figure this out cause not sure if Im missing something or if there is a bug in the easy install scripts.

I might start with ubuntu server cause it worked there no problem then just install ubuntu desktop from there and see what happens.

regards
Hemant

Maybe look into this? Check say /var/log/nginx/error.log?

For a local Centos7 setup using vagrant I can recommend:
https://app.vagrantup.com/pegastechs/boxes/erpnext_centos
This vagrant box works fine. Just sudo yum update first. Also you have to enter the frappe password on vagrant ssh. Password is frappe. I had created a vagrant tutorial but its seams to have got lost off github. I think I made too long winded? Anyway if you want it I will upload it.

I found it. A variation on this ERPNext Vagrant tutorial may help: