@max_morais_dmm maybe I am wrong, but at first glance “Maintenance Visit” appears to be created with concept of the ERP owner (us) being a manufacturer of an item (i.e. refridgerator) and we are using the Maintenance Visit doctype to track visits to our customers/clients.
Where as, in this case, we have a bunch of equipment on site (“Assets” linked to “locations” on site) that we perform regular maintenace on.
In our case the “Work Order” fields we have that would port to ERPNext would be something like:
- Work Order # (naming series)
- Asset (linked asset)
- Location (pulled from linked asset.location)
- user last modified
- user responsible to complete
- Parts required (list / table)
- Tools required (list / table)
- Work Order Type
- Work Order Priority
- General Notes (text area)
- Actions Taken the resolve / resolution (text area)
- Problem identified (text area)
- Work order Created (datetime)
- Work order DUE DATE (datetime)
- Work order Completed Date (datetime)
- Work order CLOSED date (datetime)
I guess important bit here is that I will need to add many fields to “Maintenance Visit” or perhaps just create a new “Work Order” Doctype that we can track.
The “work order” will be a submitable doctype with workflows anyway. Not sure if “Maintenance Visit” is or intended to be. In our case the work order is completed by a technician, and reviewed by their manager. Once manager is approving the content, it can go to a “Submitted” (Closed) status.
What do you think?