End of year /closing and opening of accounts

I started using Erpnext as of 1.1.12 and we are approaching 1.1.13.

I feel quite insecure about how to go about this. Even considered to save all data in Excel and start at zero (again)

Would appreciate tips from the experts on what to to do and what not. Closing and opening, changing the standard series (INV, JV, in new ones likw INV13, JV13??) etc

I believe some advice or a short guideline/how-to from the experts will be appreciated by many new users

robert

Dear Robert,

Please check the following link of help blog. It will help you setup necessary things for new fiscal year.

http://erpnext.blogspot.in/2011/03/how-to-start-entries-in-new-fiscal-year.html

When you are done with all the accounting entry in current fiscal year, make Period Closing Voucher from Account >> Close Period Entry. In Closing Account Head field of Period Closing Voucher, select the ledger from Liability side (a Capital Account) in which current year's profit / loss will be carried forward.

The Stock and Account balances will carried forward automatically as soon as new fiscal year starts.

Hope this helps.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Umair Sayyed
um...@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 7:28 PM, robert <be...@gmail.com> wrote:
I started using Erpnext as of 1.1.12 and we are approaching 1.1.13.

I feel quite insecure about how to go about this. Even considered to save all data in Excel and start at zero (again)

Would appreciate tips from the experts on what to to do and what not. Closing and opening, changing the standard series (INV, JV, in new ones likw INV13, JV13??) etc

I believe some advice or a short guideline/how-to from the experts will be appreciated by many new users

robert