Email addresses ---> more on my less clicks is more post series

things seem a bit wierd with email addresses do i still have to add a contact to get an email sent properly with the submit button? I sure this is fine for larger clients, but alot of my cliets are one offs and the less clicks the better i useally forget to add a contact to the customer screen, why cant erpnext use the email in the primary contact to send stuff seems overly complex and difficult.

Hi Ryan,

If a customer has a primary contact specified, it will be fetched automatically along with the customer. For auto email notification, the customer's contact needs to have a valid email address, for it to work.

Try fetching a customer in invoice form and scroll below to contact details section. If the customer has a primary contact, it will have been fetched.

Thanks,
Anand.

On Oct 6, 2012 2:54 AM, "Ryan vAN GINNEKEN" <ry...@gmail.com> wrote:
things seem a bit wierd with email addresses do i still have to add a contact to get an email sent properly with the submit button? I sure this is fine for larger clients, but alot of my cliets are one offs and the less clicks the better i useally forget to add a contact to the customer screen, why cant erpnext use the email in the primary contact to send stuff seems overly complex and difficult.