Dropbox Backup Stopped Working

My Dropbox backup stopped working.

When I first started to evaluate ERPNext I setup Dropbox backup to run weekly. It was working great for about a month and a half, but suddenly stopped working.

My last weekly backup is from December 15th. I do not even get an error email message. To try to get it working again I followed the steps I used during my initial setup and everything “looks” fine but I still do not get a backup…

Does anyone know what I can look at to try to remedy this situation and get it working again?

If you backup fails, you should get an error message in your email.

Or check the Scheduler Log via /desk#Report/Scheduler Log

I have not received any emails
The Scheduler Log says “Nothing to show”
The last file added to my Dropbox was from 12/15/14

Can you run, bench frappe --doctor and share the output?

dhoeschen70@ns1:~/frappe-bench$ bench frappe --doctor
Workers online: True
Pending tasks 0
Timed out locks:
site1.local/locks/scheduler.lock

thanks for the help :smile:

Remove the lock file, site1.local/locks/scheduler.lock and that shoudl fix it.

i have Backup Upload Failed (drop box) notification from frappecloud.com, i want to stop notification. what is the step for stop notification?

You should get a traceback in the notification. If you can post that, it will help diagnose the issue. Most of the times, backup fails because the dropbox account is full.

I am getting this error in my mail and my backups have not been working:

Backup Upload Failed

Oops, your automated backup to Dropbox failed.

Error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/integrations/doctype/dropbox_settings/dropbox_settings.py”, line 47, in take_backup_to_dropbox
did_not_upload, error_log = backup_to_dropbox()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/integrations/doctype/dropbox_settings/dropbox_settings.py”, line 103, in backup_to_dropbox
upload_file_to_dropbox(filename, “/database”, dropbox_client)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/integrations/doctype/dropbox_settings/dropbox_settings.py”, line 158, in upload_file_to_dropbox
file_size = os.path.getsize(encode(filename))
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/lib/python2.7/genericpath.py”, line 57, in getsize
return os.stat(filename).st_size
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘./site_name/private/backups/20190919_175750-site_name-database.sql.gz’

Please contact your system manager for more information.

Everything seems fine from the front end and backend.

How do i fix this?

Perhaps confirm this is correct?

I modified the traceback and removed my site name which is my domain name and replaced it with site_name to conceal the information as it is a live server.

You are obfuscating your problem here LOL

Only thing I changed was replace mydomain.com with site_name in the traceback. Every other data is as was generated by the error. I really don’t see how that obfuscates the problem.