Documentation: bench get-app frappe {{ source_link }}

Following text comes from the documentation:

see https://frappe.github.io/frappe/install.html

After you have installed Frappe Bench, go to you bench folder, which is frappe.bench by default and setup frappe.

bench get-app frappe {{ source_link }}

wat is the current url of the {{ source_link }} for frappe?

@pee

There is no such text in link provided. Frappe will get installed along with the bench.
Kindle tell us what you want to achieve.

@Nick, I am installing frappe following the tutorial (see the link), and I do not know which url to fill in the {{source_link}}

Hi @pee

To install frappe check below link

This command is used to download the app
for example:

bench get-app erpnext https://github.com/frappe/erpnext 

@pee

Okay but frappe comes by default for erpnext as @rohit_w have suggested use

bench get-app erpnext https://github.com/frappe/erpnext

@Nick, @rohit_w Thanks guys, I know that, but I am confused by this help page: https://frappe.github.io/frappe/install.html

Installation
Frappe Framework is based on the Frappe Framework, a full stack web framework based on Python, MariaDB, Redis, Node.

To intall Frappe Framework, you will have to install the Frappe Bench, the command-line, package manager and site manager for Frappe Framework. For more details, read the Bench README.

After you have installed Frappe Bench, go to you bench folder, which is frappe.bench by default and setup frappe.

Then create a new site to install the app.

bench new-site mysite
This will create a new folder in your /sites directory and create a new database for this site.

Next, install frappe in this site

bench --site mysite install-app frappe
To run this locally, run

bench start
Fire up your browser and go to http://localhost:8000 and you should see the login screen. Login as Administrator and admin (or the password you set at the time of new-site) and you are set.

Why is that line there, what does it mean?
Is it an error in the documentation?

I am trying all documentation because I installed frappe for development more than 20 times without succeeding. I always get errors, and was not able to get it installed. I did still not manage installing it, so if someone wants to help? :wink:

To pull your custom app from the github, you can use the command
Here {{ source_link }} is the link of the github of your custom app

No it’s not a bug but we’ll make it better so user can understand it properly.

Thanks

1 Like

sorry @Nick the url was wrong, I adapted it.
it is https://frappe.github.io/frappe/install.html

thanks for pointing this out @rohit_w.

I am trying all documentation because I installed frappe for development more than 20 times without succeeding. I always get errors, and was not able to get it installed. I did still not manage installing it, so if someone wants to help? :wink:

@pee

What is the environment you are on? Is it CentOS 7 or Ubuntu?
Its strange that you are getting trouble while installing, are there any errors while installing? If yes share error trace.

There are other options to install, check readme of GitHub - frappe/bench: CLI to manage Multi-tenant deployments for Frappe apps
There are ready virtual images too visit https://erpnext.com/download

Hello @Nick, I am on ubuntu 16.04 wsl

I used this command:

frappe@Pavilion:~$ sudo -H python install.py --develop --verbose

The ‘-H’ option for sudo is there because of a previous error, where it was advised to use ‘-H’. The ‘–verbose’ option is there do get more output info.

This is the stacktrace:

TASK [include] *****************************************************************
task path: /tmp/.bench/playbooks/develop/ubuntu.yml:108
included: /tmp/.bench/playbooks/develop/includes/setup_dev_env.yml for localhost

TASK [setup procfile] **********************************************************
task path: /tmp/.bench/playbooks/develop/includes/setup_dev_env.yml:3
ESTABLISH LOCAL CONNECTION FOR USER: root
127.0.0.1 EXEC /bin/sh -c '( umask 22 && mkdir -p "` echo /tmp/ansible-tmp-1487337619.7-122798071661014 `" && echo "` echo /tmp/ansible-tmp-1487337619.7-122798071661014 `" )'
127.0.0.1 PUT /tmp/tmpITm_oi TO /tmp/ansible-tmp-1487337619.7-122798071661014/command
127.0.0.1 EXEC /bin/sh -c 'chmod a+r /tmp/ansible-tmp-1487337619.7-122798071661014/command'
127.0.0.1 EXEC /bin/sh -c 'sudo -H -S -n -u frappe /bin/sh -c '"'"'echo BECOME-SUCCESS-mvdonxmqbmnvpoxixnpxcgecuosgxiun; LANG=en_US.UTF-8 LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8 LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8 /usr/bin/python /tmp/ansible-tmp-1487337619.7-122798071661014/command'"'"''
127.0.0.1 EXEC /bin/sh -c 'rm -f -r /tmp/ansible-tmp-1487337619.7-122798071661014/ > /dev/null 2>&1'
fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {"changed": true, "cmd": ["bench", "setup", "socketio"], "delta": "0:00:04.761420", "end": "2017-02-17 14:20:24.847250", "failed": true, "invocation": {"module_args": {"_raw_params": "bench setup socketio", "_uses_shell": false, "chdir": "/home/frappe/frappe-bench", "creates": "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/node_modules", "executable": null, "removes": null, "warn": true}, "module_name": "command"}, "rc": 1, "start": "2017-02-17 14:20:20.085830", "stderr": "net.js:145\n    this._handle.open(options.fd);\n                 ^\n\nError: Unknown system error -25: Unknown system error -25, uv_pipe_open\n    at Error (native)\n    at new Socket (net.js:145:18)\n    at createWritableStdioStream (internal/process/stdio.js:156:16)\n    at process.getStdout [as stdout] (internal/process/stdio.js:10:14)\n    at module.exports (/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/npmlog/node_modules/set-blocking/index.js:2:11)\n    at Object.<anonymous> (/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/npmlog/log.js:11:1)\n    at Module._compile (module.js:570:32)\n    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:579:10)\n    at Module.load (module.js:487:32)\n    at tryModuleLoad (module.js:446:12)\nTraceback (most recent call last):\n  File \"/usr/local/bin/bench\", line 11, in <module>\n    load_entry_point('bench', 'console_scripts', 'bench')()\n  File \"/home/frappe/.bench/bench/cli.py\", line 40, in cli\n    bench_command()\n  File \"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py\", line 722, in __call__\n    return self.main(*args, **kwargs)\n  File \"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py\", line 697, in main\n    rv = self.invoke(ctx)\n  File \"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py\", line 1066, in invoke\n    return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))\n  File \"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py\", line 1066, in invoke\n    return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))\n  File \"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py\", line 895, in invoke\n    return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)\n  File \"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py\", line 535, in invoke\n    return callback(*args, **kwargs)\n  File \"/home/frappe/.bench/bench/commands/setup.py\", line 118, in setup_socketio\n    setup_socketio()\n  File \"/home/frappe/.bench/bench/utils.py\", line 137, in setup_socketio\n    exec_cmd(\"npm install socket.io redis express superagent cookie\", cwd=bench_path)\n  File \"/home/frappe/.bench/bench/utils.py\", line 127, in exec_cmd\n    raise CommandFailedError(cmd)\nbench.utils.CommandFailedError: npm install socket.io redis express superagent cookie", "stdout": "", "stdout_lines": [], "warnings": []}
        to retry, use: --limit @develop/install.retry

PLAY RECAP *********************************************************************
localhost                  : ok=33   changed=4    unreachable=0    failed=1

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "install.py", line 351, in <module>
    install_bench(args)
  File "install.py", line 108, in install_bench
    run_playbook('develop/install.yml', sudo=True, extra_vars=extra_vars)
  File "install.py", line 301, in run_playbook
    success = subprocess.check_call(args, cwd=os.path.join(cwd, 'playbooks'))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 541, in check_call
    raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['ansible-playbook', '-c', 'local', 'develop/install.yml', '-e', '@/tmp/extra_vars.json', '-vvvv', '--become', '--become-user=frappe']' returned non-zero exit status 2
frappe@Pavilion:~$