DocType Dashboard Customisation | New Feature

I have had a number of customers contact me complaining about how difficult ERPNext is to navigate. In their view they should be able to see the details of all objects related to an item in one place - a basic tenet of UX design. Rather than have to visit multiple list/form views and ‘get lost in the system’.

One major example is seeing all Quotes, Sales Orders, Delivery Notes, Sales Invoices, etc related to the customer on the customer record/form.

I have other customers who really love the flexibility of designing their own Workspaces.

So the obvious solution would be to move the doctype dashboard from a hard-coded python file and into the database, i.e. in the DocType record itself, and make all the objects available to the Workspace also available to the DocType Dashboard, and also make it customisable. Especially Quick Lists or a small report view.

I would also suggest the addition of a new DocType fieldtype “Dashboard Tab” so that multiple dashboards can be defined if required.

Please can you show your support for such a feature as I may be able to fund and implement this if it has sufficient support to be accepted into the framework.

@prssannad Are there any plans for such a feature on the roadmap?

Related: