Daily wage, different rates, different days

During special projects (construction, landscaping, agriculture, etc.), my company hires groups of temporary employees. I’d like to be able to process payroll for them at regular intervals, but they all have different daily wages and differently days worked. This seems to put me in a bind:

• If I use a salary component, I am unable to account for number of days worked
  • If I use timesheets, I am unable to set different hourly rates for different people

Is there a solution here?

If I use a salary component, I am unable to account for number of days worked

Timesheets.

https://erpnext.org/docs/user/manual/en/projects/timesheet/salary-slip-from-timesheet

If I use timesheets, I am unable to set different hourly rates for different people

Create multiple Activity Type based on hour rate

I’ve been banging my head on this for too long

That doesn’t help. Stop doing that.

3 Likes

@umair Thanks for your reply. In a situation where a staff worked at 3 different sites in a month and his rates on two particular salary componets differ in each of the 3 projects where he worked for that month.e g a staff named x worked in project A,B,C in April 2018 for 8days, 10 days and 5days respectively.His supervision allowance on A,B and C $5,$8,and $4 respectively. Also his field allowance on A,B,and C are $2,$5 and $3 respectively.Others earnings and deduction follow the normal formula bases.How do we bring this different hourly rates and the 2 components into salary structure since it is only possible to define only one salary component and one rate in the salary structure. Any solution or workaround will be highly appreciated because I have this similar in an organization

@umair @Chude_Osiegbu and all other friends help.
I did a work around by creating another salary component for time sheet and hour rate2 from salary structure customize form .I then moved to the salary structure and specify the two earning that has different hourly rate in the earning table and their rates.I also customized that payslip customize form by creating another worksheet,total working hours and the hour rate.by the time I process salary,the second salary component failed to show in the payslip and the second total working hours failed to pick the total hour work from the second time sheet table. I need your guidance pls .see the salary structure

in different scenerio i pay per dozen , per Kg , per pcs for example 1 Doze= $1 , no timesheet required