Chat not refreshing

Hi,
I just installed vanilla frappe, the chat sends message but i have to refresh for it to show. even creation of chat room has to be refreshed to show.
No error enither on the JS log or server logs.
Thanks.

1 Like

I have the same issue.

I am also getting the same issue. Is that something to do with Nginx???

I use erpnext with apache(bitnami stack) and also having this issue. Chat is not refreshing.
Apache log :
[proxy:error] … (111)Connection refused: AH00957: HTTP: attempt to connect to 127.0.0.1:3000 (localhost) failed
[proxy_http:error] … [client 127.0.0.1:37534] AH01114: HTTP: failed to make connection to backend: localhost, …
ERPNext: v12.5.2 (version-12)
Frappe Framework: v12.3.0 (version-12)
I am no expert, just currious: is the 127.0.0.1:3000 = socket io server which is not running ? (how to check if its running or not) so the clients / chat can not refresh. ?

Regards

I have the same issue. I did not see any error in javascript.

I am getting same issue. Please help me.

Thanks

I also have same issue on development setup but when I use easy install for producrion on ubuntu 18.04. Its working fine.
Have no clue for the reason.
Thanks

Your socket IO is not working correctly in development.
Please follow this tutorial:

Please check your socket io logs for the possible connectivity issues. If its production environment the logs are available in the bench folder at logs/node-socketio.log

Hi Mohammad_Ahmad_Zulfi,

Thanks for your reply, I will post back as soon as I have try your suggestion.

Thanks again

The sample works perfectly but still I cant resolve the problem on erpnext dev environment so I currently studying more about the socket io.
1 question . the erpnext socket io is running on port 9000 right? not 3000 (default).
I come to this conclusion cause I can do a tutorial on socket io which use the port 3000 succesfully in the active/ running erpnext server.
Sorry for my newbie question
Thanks

Ok, i think i have to stop my post until I learn enough about the socketio and know what i am doing …

Have tried the tutorial for dev environment I shared above? What have tried yet in the dev environment

Ok, its working on production and development now.
Is it because of the tutorial or the version I am using now. ?
cause I did not see any modification on the settings except setting mulitenant off, remove the currentsite.txt and adding /etc/hosts with the site name.

I use the latest erpnext v12.10 on master

Thanks for your help.