Can I Implement ERPNEXT with basic knowledge

Dear Engineers,

I am a system administrator working in one of manufacturing company. I am not aware of any programming languages or software development. But my boss likes ERPNEXT and its simplicity to use. He is asking me to implement the software in our company which is of free of cost. Can I do that by only knowing the hardware and networking knowledge? should I also know about programming languages?
If I can do that I want to be in touch with ERPNEXT team and its workshops regularly to learn much about the software.

Hello,

Welcome to ERPNext community!

You can very much self implement ERPNext, without any technical expertise. We have customers worldwide, most of them SME’s, not having any technical expertise at all.

You can learn functionalities of ERPNext by referring to our help content (manual and videos). You can also customize ERPNext using inbuilt customization tool.

For the priority support in implementation, consider subscribing for our single instance server support plan.

http://erpnext.com/single-server

I am happy to hear your words and thankful for ERPNext team for providing such simple and amazing platform.
Excited to participate in conference 2015.

Please correct this link.

Yes, as Umair said, we can do installation and basic customization.
It is very easy to install, backup and operate.

Dear Engineers,
Can you please give me proper steps for installing ERPNext into my Ubuntu machine. I failed several times. But I want to learn it. That’s why I need to learn how to install it manually.

step by step install erpnext on ubuntu 16.04:
A. if you already use ubuntu and no fresh install:

• install python
    sudo apt-get install python-minimal

• check your python after install
    sudo python --version
    version: 2.7.12 (now)

• if you have mysql/mariadb before, remove before install (if you not use that)
    a. sudo service mysql stop
    b. sudo apt-get purge mysql-server mysql-client mysql-common mysql-server-core-5.5 mysql-client-core-5.5
    c. sudo rm -rf /etc/mysql /var/lib/mysql
    d. sudo apt-get autoremove
    e. sudo apt-get autoclean
    f. sudo apt-get purge mysql*
    g. sudo apt-get autoremove
    h. sudo apt-get autoclean
    i. sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

• install erpnext
    GitHub - frappe/bench: CLI to manage Multi-tenant deployments for Frappe apps
    sudo wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/frappe/bench/master/playbooks/install.py
    for production:
    sudo python install.py --production

• after install:
    frappe-bench$ sudo systemctl enable supervisor
    frappe-bench$ sudo reboot

• yeahh… finish… open your browser (chrome/mozilla/etc…)
    localhost or your_ip_computer (remote/server)

B. if you fresh install:

• install python
    sudo apt-get install python-minimal

• install erpnext
    GitHub - frappe/bench: CLI to manage Multi-tenant deployments for Frappe apps

sudo wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/frappe/bench/master/playbooks/install.py
     for production:
     sudo python install.py --production

• after install:
    frappe-bench$ sudo systemctl enable supervisor
    frappe-bench$ sudo reboot

• yeahh… finish… open your browser (chrome/mozilla/etc…)
    localhost or your_ip_computer (remote/server)

maybe can help you

1 Like

Dear Bro,
I was following your solution “A” .
But when I tried to accomplished “sudo python install.py --production” it gives me an error.
Here is the error message:

W: Failed to fetch http://mirror.stshosting.co.uk/mariadb/repo/10.0/ubuntu/dists/trusty/main/binary-i386/Packages 404 Not Found

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/ferramroberto/java/ubuntu/dists/trusty/main/binary-i386/Packages 404 Not Found

E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “install.py”, line 342, in
install_bench(args)
File “install.py”, line 21, in install_bench
‘sudo yum install -y epel-release redhat-lsb-core git python-setuptools python-devel openssl-devel libffi-devel’
File “install.py”, line 219, in run_os_command
returncode = subprocess.check_call(command, shell=True)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py”, line 541, in check_call
raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command ‘sudo apt-get update’ returned non-zero exit status 100

This is the same error message that i got for the last 7 days.
My ubuntu version is 14.04.
I tried this thing for my two ubunto machine. But same thing happened.
Please give me some good solution.

Thanks in advanced,
SS

do you use ubuntu 32bit?
if do you use that,run sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386 first.

Yes, Its 32 bit machine and my another machine is 64 bit. And i also did “sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386” . But Same error :cry:

My experience is that the default installation may not suffice all the requirements of your company. In the event of customization, you might need to change the python and/or javascript files too. Therefore, an intermediate programming knowledge is a must.

Better try out the hosted solution (single user) first and proceed accordingly.

Just my two cents!