Before_validate hook

hi guys,

i went through the code and the tutorial, it seems there is no before_validate hook.

I want to validate some data on the doctype before the validate method is triggered.

can anyone help me with this.

thanks
Syed.

I think you’re looking for before_insert.

this hook is executed only once during insert, but i want a hook that is executed before_validate everytime.

Expand on your use case and maybe we can brainstorm a work-around.

Hi I think validate will do, you can frappe.throw() to stop it if something is not right.

lets take an example of the sales team.

there is a forced validation that i should have 100% contribution in the sales invoice for the Sales Team.

whereas i dont want to have this forced validation and top of that i want to control that validation.

if there is before_validate, i can do some manipulations to data and then after post_validate i can validate the data as per my logic.

@rmehta : please help me with this situation.

Thanks
Syed.

The JavaScript validate is called before the Python validate. If you put a callback in the JavaScript validate, you can have it call your before_validate method. I’ve tried this and it works.

This approach is absolutely acceptable if i am doing it only from the FORM. but i have the scenario’s where i have to take care of the data import tool. If i am using data import tool, the javascript validate doesnt imply.

OK, those are separate issues. Can’t read your mind.

What data on the doctype are you trying to validate before you call validate in Python?