Bank accounts not showing under chart of accounts tree

I have just created some bank accounts and they are not showing under the chart of accounts tree which is there in the setup.

Best Regards,

Aditya Duggal

Rohit Industries Group (P) Ltd.

Mobile: +91-9899407669

Ph: +91-11-25429804, 41021800, 25920492, 41427321

Fax: +91-11-25920493, 25431800

Email: ad...@rigpl.com

ad...@gmail.com

Visit Us: www.rigpl.com

Spend a thought for nature,

Please don't print this on paper.

Dear Aditya,

What is name of bank account?

Regards,
Nabin Hait

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 2:42 AM, Aditya Duggal <ad…@rigpl.com> wrote:

I have just created some bank accounts and they are not showing under the chart of accounts tree which is there in the setup.

Best Regards,

Aditya Duggal

Mobile: +91-9899407669

Ph: +91-11-25429804, 41021800, 25920492, 41427321

Fax: +91-11-25920493, 25431800

Email: ad...@rigpl.com

ad...@gmail.com

Visit Us: www.rigpl.com

Spend a thought for nature,

Please don't print this on paper.

Well let me clarify how exactly I did it; I have actually created a Bank Account from the New Option in the main menu on the top toolbar and on creating a bank account from there it is not showing in the chart of accounts.

Now if I create a Bank account in the Chart of accounts it is not getting linked to the one created from the toolbar, what I think is that there seems to be no linking between the Bank’s doc type and the accounting doc type like in the case of customers and vendors.

This also raises one more suggestion; that in accounts we should have the option to link the account head not just with Customers, Supplier and Employees but also with a Contact which might not be linked to any one of the other masters.

Best Regards,

Aditya Duggal

Aditya,

We know its a know issue - the "Bank" doctype is actually only used in the HR module and is only a dummy... We will remove it!

- Rushabh

On Mar 30, 2011, at 5:31 AM, Aditya Duggal wrote:

Well let me clarify how exactly I did it; I have actually created a Bank Account from the New Option in the main menu on the top toolbar and on creating a bank account from there it is not showing in the chart of accounts.

Now if I create a Bank account in the Chart of accounts it is not getting linked to the one created from the toolbar, what I think is that there seems to be no linking between the Bank’s doc type and the accounting doc type like in the case of customers and vendors.

This also raises one more suggestion; that in accounts we should have the option to link the account head not just with Customers, Supplier and Employees but also with a Contact which might not be linked to any one of the other masters.

Best Regards,

Aditya Duggal

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
erpnext

World's most affordable ERP - Rs 299/user/month