AWS S3 Backup setup not working

Has anyone successfully setup S3 backup?

When i try i always say Unable to create bucket: xxxxx. Change it to a more unique name.

Hello ERPNext Team

I have the same issue here too

Any fixes you could advise?

Kind regards
Ryder

ERPNext Log states

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/bitnami/apps/erpnext/htdocs/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/integrations/doctype/s3_backup_settings/s3_backup_settings.py", line 146, in upload_file_to_s3
    conn.upload_file(filename, bucket, destpath)
  File "/opt/bitnami/apps/erpnext/htdocs/frappe-bench/env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/boto3/s3/inject.py", line 131, in upload_file
    extra_args=ExtraArgs, callback=Callback)
  File "/opt/bitnami/apps/erpnext/htdocs/frappe-bench/env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/boto3/s3/transfer.py", line 279, in upload_file
    future.result()
  File "/opt/bitnami/apps/erpnext/htdocs/frappe-bench/env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/s3transfer/futures.py", line 106, in result
    return self._coordinator.result()
  File "/opt/bitnami/apps/erpnext/htdocs/frappe-bench/env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/s3transfer/futures.py", line 265, in result
    raise self._exception
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: './erpnext/private/backups/20200223_161111-erpnext-private-files.tar'

@rydersaint I faced the same issue. Basically you have to make the bucketname complicated by using a combination of unconventional words or letters much like you would a password.

Thank you for your answer just tried

Bucket name
ZKhG9l4appGSWTxbzk5gTHnJwWC8gQob0WiAScZnLQhnzsC2RK

still get:

Unable to create bucket:
ZKhG9l4appGSWTxbzk5gTHnJwWC8gQob0WiAScZnLQhnzsC2RK. 
Change it to a more unique name.

retried only lowercase still not working

Name shouldn’t be that long. I used a combination of company name and application name with a total of 10 characters and it worked.

I am having the same issue, tried all combinations.
Was anyone able to solve it?

@rydersaint

This is my bucketname

artipuncture

Sounds weird but it worked. So i am wondering why a more complex bucketname such as yours isn’t working.

Same issue here.

I tried over 50 unique complex, simple names for the bucket, still getting the same message.

changed the S3 credential and secret and still nothing