It has been a little while since our last Foundation meeting and I would like to propose a call for next week. Because we usually have only an hour, I would like to stick to subjects with predetermined time estimates.
Also, to keep things moving, I am proposing that an outline of the topic and any related materials get posted ahead of time on Discuss.erpnext and restricted to Foundation members. This would encourage discussion about ideas that had been considered and written down and would save all members time by providing background.
I am proposing that all Foundation Calls adopt a structure that has 4 parts:
- Administrative update
- News Update (from Frappe)
- New Business
- Recap and Action Items
So for the upcoming meeting, I am proposing the following agenda:
Administrative Update: (5 minutes)
- Today’s Moderator: (to manage the conversation and run the clock)
- Today’s Scribe: (will produce/post meeting summary within 24 hours)
- Report of Foundation Finances. (changes from last month) Note large exceptions.
- July Income
- July Expenses
- July Cash on Hand
- Total Foundation Members
News Update: (Frappe Team Member) (5 Minutes)
- 3 biggest current projects
- Any large concerns, issues that Frappe would like help/feedback on?
New Business: (Unique to this month) (40 Minutes Total. Breakdowns below.)
- Topic 1: Governance: (10 minutes)
Should we have formal positions?
- Are we required to? What are they? Are they paid?
- What are the responsibilities/expectations?
- How long do people serve?
- How do we select them?
How do we raise and spend money?
- How do we prioritize, define, and approve projects?
Topic 2: Finances (10 Minutes)
- We heard about our current financial status. What does that say about what we do next?
- If the mission is to Educate, Inspire, and Improve, how do we spend this money?
Topic 3: ERPNext outreach: (10 Minutes)
- Are we attending Open Source India?
- Who has ownership of the event?
- What are the goals?
- What materials can members produce to support the event?
Topic 4: Upcoming Conference 2018 (10 Minutes)
- Do we want to hold a Foundation meeting (maybe at Mysore starting at 8:30 or 9AM? (or after dinner?)
- Is there value in doing a short presentation to attendees to get them to join the foundation?
- What percent of attendees are not Foundation Members or employees of Foundation companies
Recap and action items with due dates: (10 Minutes)
- For instance, Person 1 has agreed to supply information on Project X. Company 2 has agreed to research Issue B.
I welcome your thoughts and comments. If this meets with the community’s approval, let’s schedule a call for Thursday Aug 23rd at noon IST.