Accounts in Salary component: what is the reason it can be specified more than one?

Hi!

For any given amount of a Salary component, my current setup correctly credits its value on the first account I have defined its accounts section. The resulting Journal shows a credit value equal to the sum of all the Salary components I have set on a Salary Structure.

However, the second account seems to be of no use. I thought that would be used to write the credit value for a particular Salary component (Which would be useful to setup Employer Contributions, which is my ultimate interest).

I haven’t been able to find on the Docs nor the Forum whats the use case of the extra accounts records for a Salary component.

Can someone help me to clarify it?

Thank you!

if you have multiple companies, you can define the accounts related to those companies in multiple rows. If you have only one company, you can define the same in the accounts table in salary component. Regarding the employer contributions, it will be separate component and you can add the details in salary structure.

1 Like

Thank you for your response @Saumyaseelan_Pv

Just for the sake of clarity, let me please draw my conclusions of what I understood from your response :

1. Only one Account on the Salary Component will be used for each company configured (The current ERPNext interface may allow write more than one account per company, but only one account is actually used).

2. To implement “Employer contributions” (Money that is not payable to the Employee along the salary) the current solution is to create a pair of Salary Components: one with the amount of the expense for the company, and another, whose formula could be a negative of the previous amount and assigned to the desired payable account.

Am I correct?

Thank you again!

1 Like